Fri 13 Sept: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

Well, this wasn't in the script. Salford 4 - 8 Hull KR at half time.

If it stays like this, all I can say is "Thank God we got this one out of our system now and not later."

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

But of trouble in the stands, looks like some hull fc fans made the journey aswel. Few got ejected 

Of course they did...

FFS.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

We could’ve had a situation (If London had won and Huddersfield lost) where sharing the points would guarantee KR stayed up and Salford get third. If that had happened It would’ve been interesting to see if either teams would’ve actually gone for the golden point or if they’d have just played out a draw on purpose.

Salford scrum with chance of dg.

Inu gets the winning dg.

17-16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Inu finally knocks a DG over, and Salford win 17:16.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salford finish third - blimey! Was there a predictions thread before this season started?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A scruffy (hard-fought) win, but I'll take it!

Sorry to see London go down, but Salford finish 3rd. Great season!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

A scruffy (hard-fought) win, but I'll take it!

Sorry to see London go down, but Salford finish 3rd. Great season!

I think a try should be the decider in extra time not a dropped goal. Or why not just leave it as a draw?

That sounded like one of our best displays of the year, with the players we have and the rugby we are capable of playing we should not have been in this position. There are a couple of games that immediately sprrong to mind such as the home games vs Salford and Catalans which were lost that shouldn't have been. Although the golden point gave Rovers extra time to win that London wouldn't have had if they had won in normal time which IMO would have been extremely unfair.

30 minutes ago, fevtom said:

We could’ve had a situation (If London had won and Huddersfield lost) where sharing the points would guarantee KR stayed up and Salford get third. If that had happened It would’ve been interesting to see if either teams would’ve actually gone for the golden point or if they’d have just played out a draw on purpose.

But we didn't 

So best not to worry about it 

36 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Even if Salford had conceded a converted try in that extra time period, they would have finished 3rd.

They had superior points difference by 7 points after Leeds beat Warrington by 20.

So a draw wasn't necessary.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Well played Hull KR but......Salford won a close game when not at their best, it bodes well for the play offs. It’s really refreshing that Salford have learnt how to win pretty and ugly.....the proven way to success.  

Winning 8 on the bounce including a golden point game, can only boost confidence.

Quietly confident that Salford can go all the way.

Archived