John Drake

Fri 13 Sept: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

Well, this wasn't in the script. Salford 4 - 8 Hull KR at half time.

If it stays like this, all I can say is "Thank God we got this one out of our system now and not later."

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Ooh, Golden Point!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Gareth O'Brien drop goal?

Perhaps not tonight.

44 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

But of trouble in the stands, looks like some hull fc fans made the journey aswel. Few got ejected 

Of course they did...

FFS.

• Like 1

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

We could’ve had a situation (If London had won and Huddersfield lost) where sharing the points would guarantee KR stayed up and Salford get third. If that had happened It would’ve been interesting to see if either teams would’ve actually gone for the golden point or if they’d have just played out a draw on purpose.

Edited by fevtom

Salford scrum with chance of dg.

Inu gets the winning dg.

17-16.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

Inu finally knocks a DG over, and Salford win 17:16.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Salford finish third - blimey! Was there a predictions thread before this season started?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A scruffy (hard-fought) win, but I'll take it!

Sorry to see London go down, but Salford finish 3rd. Great season!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

A scruffy (hard-fought) win, but I'll take it!

Sorry to see London go down, but Salford finish 3rd. Great season!

I think a try should be the decider in extra time not a dropped goal. Or why not just leave it as a draw?

That sounded like one of our best displays of the year, with the players we have and the rugby we are capable of playing we should not have been in this position. There are a couple of games that immediately sprrong to mind such as the home games vs Salford and Catalans which were lost that shouldn't have been. Although the golden point gave Rovers extra time to win that London wouldn't have had if they had won in normal time which IMO would have been extremely unfair.

• Like 1

Hope Salford get to GF.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

30 minutes ago, fevtom said:

We could’ve had a situation (If London had won and Huddersfield lost) where sharing the points would guarantee KR stayed up and Salford get third. If that had happened It would’ve been interesting to see if either teams would’ve actually gone for the golden point or if they’d have just played out a draw on purpose.

But we didn't 

So best not to worry about it 

On Squeaky Bum Friday Salford Fans had Anuses that could've screeched to a medal at the Olympics.

Again,

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

36 minutes ago, fevtom said:

Even if Salford had conceded a converted try in that extra time period, they would have finished 3rd.

They had superior points difference by 7 points after Leeds beat Warrington by 20.

So a draw wasn't necessary.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Just listening to the Tony Smith interview on Humberside. The PA system in the started crackling in the background of the interview, which was acknowledged by the interviewer and Smith just replied, "There aren't any attacks going on in Salford, don't worry."

Won't lie, made me chuckle 🤣

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Well played Hull KR but......Salford won a close game when not at their best, it bodes well for the play offs. It’s really refreshing that Salford have learnt how to win pretty and ugly.....the proven way to success.  

Winning 8 on the bounce including a golden point game, can only boost confidence.

Quietly confident that Salford can go all the way.

• Like 2

well that was some game, another drop goal over Rovers. Hull KR better for much of the game, have to say Kendal was truly awful. 

Can't believe we finished 3rd.

What a season

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Well I enjoyed that. Well played Salford. 

And I think we all need to take a moment just to take that in

image.thumb.png.0b758fa52333f94c0be6c5269bab897e.png

• Thanks 1

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”