Fri 13 Sept: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm

Who will win?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/19 at 18:45

8 hours ago, Loiner said:

Warrington to win this one. They have something to play for Leeds only pride. I expect Leeds to put up a fight but it won't be enough. Wire by +10.

I didn't even read your post and put virtually the same thing.?

Glad Warrington are planning to field their strongest available team.   Need to get some attacking fluency back otherwise it could be a very short run in the playoffs.

In the unlikely event Wigan lose, a decent victory could see us secure 2nd.   Can only hope!

46 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Glad Warrington are planning to field their strongest available team.   Need to get some attacking fluency back otherwise it could be a very short run in the playoffs.

In the unlikely event Wigan lose, a decent victory could see us secure 2nd.   Can only hope!

surely we were never going to go with anything other than a full team? we need to finish as high as we can.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

surely we were never going to go with anything other than a full team? we need to finish as high as we can.

That's how I think it should work, but Price often gives the impression he's happy for the team to plod along until we get to the important games and then attempt to peak when required.   I got the feeling he might rest a few key players and then have the confidence to go into the playoffs needing to win more games AND away from home.   I guess it might be an Aussie thing where home advantage often doesn't seem to have as much influence in the NRL.

10 hours ago, Teessidewire said:

Strange thinking, they lost last week.

I'll expand on that. They are playing a different side. Not a worse side, just a different one. Salford had a lot to play for and edged it with a late try. Had some passes stuck for Leeds it could have been a different story - if they defend the same but make less mistakes on attack I think they can win. Wire have Austin back but you can't say they are in the form they were earlier in the season. Won't be surprised if it goes the other way though.

10 hours ago, Teessidewire said:

Strange thinking, they lost last week.

yes, but would have been much higher score as they had excellent last ditch line defence.

Mind you that means the outer defence and hence overall defence was poor if relying on defending the line/last 10 yards.

49 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

That's how I think it should work, but Price often gives the impression he's happy for the team to plod along until we get to the important games and then attempt to peak when required.   I got the feeling he might rest a few key players and then have the confidence to go into the playoffs needing to win more games AND away from home.   I guess it might be an Aussie thing where home advantage often doesn't seem to have as much influence in the NRL.

Yeah, I think we need to be careful here as if Salford overtake us and knock us into 4th, we are straight into knockout with no 2nd chances. This isn't about home advantage, as 4th actually gives us a home game, this is about 2nd chances now. 

There are real benefits to finishing higher under this system.

Decent crowd in tonight which is a bit strange given there must have been a temptation to watch the relegation car crash on tv. 

Half time and the scoreline is Leeds 8-0 Warrington, just like the number of Super League titles.

Warrington losing the plot a bit ever since Lineham attempted a slide to the line in the famous Briscoe Corner (scene of Tom's worst moment vs Catalan in the 2014 play offs). Briscoe junior on the Leeds wing did little more than watch as Lineham gracefully beached himself a metre short and, rather than a try, now has some serious grass burns to celebrate.

Archived