Thu 12 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dkw said:

Smithies is a hell of a player. 

smithers.png

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smithies in!

Very satisfying performance from a Wigan point of view. Especially pleasing is keeping a team with the attacking ability of Cas tryless.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

We are absolutely clueless. Actually hoping Sneyd has his kicking boots on tomorrow and wins it for Hull as I cant gonthriugh another performance like this.

Truly shambolic

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Just now, Kenilworth Tiger said:

We are absolutely clueless. Actually hoping Sneyd has his kicking boots on tomorrow and wins it for Hull as I cant gonthriugh another performance like this.

Truly shambolic

No thanks you take pos 5.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Smithies in!

Very satisfying performance from a Wigan point of view. Especially pleasing is keeping a team with the attacking ability of Cas tryless.

Oops, spoke too soon! ?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Does that last try help our points difference surge for 5th?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Just now, Man of Kent said:

26-8 Wigan FT. Very much the hors d’oeuvres to tomorrow’s main course 

Agreed. Tonight involved my team, but Friday the 13th (which doesn't) is overshadowing all the positional shenanigans at the top.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Griff9of13 said:

Smithies in!

Our attacking ability isn't great.

It's just better than Hulls defensive ability.

That said good performance by Wigan.  I backed them at 8/1 when they were 6th in the league to win SL.  Looking a beauty bet now.

As for Cas, come Hull put us out of our misery tommorow......I don't want to waste any money/time traveling over the pennies which I will feel compelled to do if we get into the play offs!

Now the early season horrors have receded, will Adrian Lam's recently-sprouted grey whiskers turn brown again?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Right on 80 mins, Cas discover what that space behind the sticks is for. ?

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. 80 mins gone in a flash. Cas unable to maintain their opening energy, gave away too many penalties, lacked Wigan's vision of when to strike.

Cas really puzzled me. They looked as if they didn’t have any attacking structure and yet they looked so good against FC... of course we were hugely helped by being at home. The width helps us immensely. I am also guessing that the late switch to Thursday really affected Cas’ support which is often very good at our place. Trueman was quiet but I wonder whether he needs better centres or a full back to inject some pace. Powell was quoted in the Wigan press as being wary of rising to any winding up by our forwards. Maybe his team can’t read. 

For our part, we look so fit and so fast, and so well organised in defence. In the play offs 20 points will get you home. Our investment in youth has been so great over the years (and has of course cost plenty), but on nights like this those good habits and that knowledge of how to win goes a long way. 

Archived