Thu 12 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Damien said:

Is young buck the latest in phrase? It's like Baz and Tez have learned something new.

Well in a way it's a bit obvious because Wigan have got at least 3 very young players.

Good attacks from Wigan in 2nd half.  Hardaker I thought had the worst game of the season! But even then he had a good game. Cas spent a lot of time looking to offload a lot and sometimes they did, but to no great effect. 

9 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Possibly.  But he has done constantly every time I have seen him play, it is certainly a sin- binable offence and it's just unnesseary to that extent. 

To clarify my previous comments; I'm not a fan of the head rubbing thing myself and don't like to see any player doing it. What I do like is the attitude of Partington, Smithies and Byrne that they won't be intimidated by older and bigger opponents. Yes, they're a bit cocky but so long as they don't resort to cheap shots or losing control and giving away daft penalties then I'm not too bothered. I remember people making similar comments about Bateman when he first came on the scene, he didn't turn out too bad did he?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well in a way it's a bit obvious because Wigan have got at least 3 very young players.

So obvious I can never recall them using it before. It's not like Wigan, and other teams, haven't had 3 or more very young players before.

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I agree , if he did it to me , I'd just knock his lights out , then explain to the ref , " he hit my hair first ref " 

Listen, the in word is "composure".  Lose it and serves you right.   If Partington takes a hit or makes a mistake then it will be up to him to pick himself up. Until then he will keep getting in the face of his supposed betters. 

6 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

To clarify my previous comments; I'm not a fan of the head rubbing thing myself and don't like to see any player doing it. What I do like is the attitude of Partington, Smithies and Byrne that they won't be intimidated by older and bigger opponents. Yes, they're a bit cocky but so long as they don't resort to cheap shots or losing control and giving away daft penalties then I'm not too bothered. I remember people making similar comments about Bateman when he first came on the scene, he didn't turn out too bad did he?

He certainly didn't , but he was a knob when younger , doesn't make it right 

Just now, Rupert Prince said:

Listen, the in word is "composure".  Lose it and serves you right.   If Partington takes a hit or makes a mistake then it will be up to him to pick himself up. Until then he will keep getting in the face of his supposed betters. 

No it's acting like a sweet and lovely person , Jamie Acton used to do it at Leigh , that idiot Rowley used to tell him to do it , it and he was roundly condemned by everybody on here , including me , it's childish , done by children 

13 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Yet Connor is getting crucified regularly for a similar attitude.

You can be fearless without acting like a knob constantly and of the 3 young players mentioned I only see Partington (who did take a cheap shot at Blair) constantly doing it.

It can cause things to get out of hand and can be stoped quite easily by the ref being a bit more assertive.

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

You can be fearless without acting like a knob constantly and of the 3 young players mentioned I only see Partington (who did take a cheap shot at Blair) constantly doing it.

It can cause things to get out of hand and can be stoped quite easily by the ref being a bit more assertive.

Or his coach telling him to grow up 

3 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

For a thread and game that is nothing to do with Connor you aren't half having a dummy spat to constantly try and make out how bad everyone is like it somehow makes Connor better.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

For a thread and game that is nothing to do with Connor you aren't half having a dummy spat to constantly try and make out how bad everyone is like it somehow makes Connor better.

I think the behaviour of the 2 players is comparable, yet the response to them is entirely different, hence the reference.

Unfortunately a comparison with Kris Welham wouldn't really fit.

I can't stand Connor either.

I think it show's how much the game has been sanitised for the worse that the likes of Partington and Byrne can get away with goading senior players knowing that there will be no comeback or that they won't have to back up their actions, and if you think that's how it should be I feel sorry for you, in this powder puff reality Partingtons actions in ripping McShane's head bandage off could be viewed as a attack to the eyes or certainly the head, for him he was lucky it was Child who was reffing who can't make a major decision without it being explained to him by the video ref.

Bring back the Biff??

15 minutes ago, Damien said:

So obvious I can never recall them using it before. It's not like Wigan, and other teams, haven't had 3 or more very young players before.

I seem to remember western called "Young Guns" about Billy the Kid. Quite well knowns.  I fully expect SKY to put on piece on them in western gear... always assuming Wigan get to the GF. (It would be bad for Wigan as it would take their mind of the game)

As for that phrase, it goes back a long way and used in different circumstances,  but as for the origins I don't know.  Vaguely it might have to to with young shooters (at birds etc) at a shooting party.

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

I thought that was a false result I backed Wigan-12 in a double with saints -12 a heavy bet. I think saints could put 60 on hull if in the mood

I rather doubt they need to be "in the mood" to do so.

I see the WDL are out in force again tonight....Partington was a dick and yet he is being defended?

Laughable.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

It Is interesting how much bile - in terms of number of posts - Partytime is getting. I would have thought most observers would hardly notice his exuberance compared with the vicious attack to the head by that cowardly psycho. If Watts and co are such snowflakes that they get wound up by him, when even their coach publicly asked them not to, then any fault lies fairly and squarely at their door. That’s millennials for you, 

33 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It Is interesting how much bile - in terms of number of posts - Partytime is getting. I would have thought most observers would hardly notice his exuberance compared with the vicious attack to the head by that cowardly psycho. If Watts and co are such snowflakes that they get wound up by him, when even their coach publicly asked them not to, then any fault lies fairly and squarely at their door. That’s millennials for you, 

where has anybody said that Watts and Co were wound up by him?

People are merely stating that his antics are pretty much pathetic and you know for a fact that if he wore anything other than a wigan shirt you would be saying exactly the same

That's biased old men for you

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

12 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

where has anybody said that Watts and Co were wound up by him?

People are merely stating that his antics are pretty much pathetic and you know for a fact that if he wore anything other than a wigan shirt you would be saying exactly the same

That's biased old men for you

If you are trying to argue that Cas players were not wound up, good luck with that. I didn’t see anything that would have had me foaming at the mouth, even had he been playing for Saints. I like your sign off, good to read an outbreak of wit. Less of the old man, though, I am in my prime I’ll have you know. There was one incident of foul play that stuck out in that game and it wasn’t hair ruffling. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

If you are trying to argue that Cas players were not wound up, good luck with that. I didn’t see anything that would have had me foaming at the mouth, even had he been playing for Saints. I like your sign off, good to read an outbreak of wit. Less of the old man, though, I am in my prime I’ll have you know. There was one incident of foul play that stuck out in that game and it wasn’t hair ruffling. 

once again - sensationalism - foaming at the mouth!!!  You just can't help yourself can you?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Regarding Partington, people talk about the recipients of his head patting keeping their composure. I think the onus is on Partington to also keep his composure when an opponent makes a mistake, most players are able to resist the urge to charge up-to an opponent pat them on the head/rip their bandage off.

Archived