Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Thu 12 Sept: SL: Wigan Warriors v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Wigan Warriors
      30
    • Castleford Tigers
      3

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/09/19 at 18:45

Recommended Posts

Maybe there should be a pat clock as well as a shot clock.   Each team is allowed say 5 head pats a game.  To be honest, if the odd (or even) head pat is all that is exercising the losers and their fans ( fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause), then there is something amiss.


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Maybe there should be a pat clock as well as a shot clock.   Each team is allowed say 5 head pats a game.  To be honest, if the odd (or even) head pat is all that is exercising the losers and their fans ( fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause), then there is something amiss.

Maybe he didn’t “intend” to pat anyone. Presumably that’d be enough for the Cas lot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cas were really poor in the second half in particular. Really sums up their year. Not sure where they go from here, they look a long way from the flamboyant table topping team of a couple of years ago. Their forwards look immobile and their backline very ordinary. I’m not sure what they see in Ellis or why they think he’s a better prospect than Aston. 

Feki will make a difference next year but they need a lot more than that

Edited by DoubleD
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the ability to defend the indefensible from Wigan fans (fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause) is apparent every single week to the point that it's highly amusing. 

 

Every single cas fan I have spoken to or read social media from have said Jesse was stupid an deserved to be sent off. If just one Wigan fan could ever do the same thing by admitting that every now and again Wigan players are not in line to be the next Pope we'd be on to something

 

And all because we wouldn't let them have Mitch Clark early 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Cas were really poor in the second half in particular. Really sums up their year. Not sure where they go from here, they look a long way from the flamboyant table topping team of a couple of years ago. Their forwards look immobile and their backline very ordinary. I’m not sure what they see in Ellis or why they think he’s a better prospect than Aston. 

Feki will make a difference next year but they need a lot more than that

I think you've been incredibly generous in your appraisal of our second half performance!!

  • Haha 1

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

the ability to defend the indefensible from Wigan fans (fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme cause) is apparent every single week to the point that it's highly amusing. 

 

Every single cas fan I have spoken to or read social media from have said Jesse was stupid an deserved to be sent off. If just one Wigan fan could ever do the same thing by admitting that every now and again Wigan players are not in line to be the next Pope we'd be on to something

 

And all because we wouldn't let them have Mitch Clark early 🙂

I thought Wigan were well worth their win, but there were still some things to work on. Going forward - when they had a chance (!) - they showed Cas how it was done.  However they still did some easily avoided errors. Cas were full of energy to start with and those errors could have cost us. As time went on though Cas lost some of their plot, and the plot itself was a bit thin.

Lockers did not do much (understandably) but moved the ball well.  I thought Williams was impressive throughout.  Looking forward to the Salford game (!!!).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Williams had a good game. Indeed it was a good game all round and Cas played their part but lacked stamina. 

No Wigan candidates for Pope, though, despite their players saying, "Forgive him ref, for he knows not what he has done." 😁😁


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

According to Powell there was no “intent” in the knees to the head of our pinned player. Wow! 

Typical from Powell and what we have come to expect. It was strange how he wasn't interviewed last night either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

I thought Wigan were well worth their win, but there were still some things to work on. Going forward - when they had a chance (!) - they showed Cas how it was done.  However they still did some easily avoided errors. Cas were full of energy to start with and those errors could have cost us. As time went on though Cas lost some of their plot, and the plot itself was a bit thin.

Lockers did not do much (understandably) but moved the ball well.  I thought Williams was impressive throughout.  Looking forward to the Salford game (!!!).

I thought it was pretty equal 1st half, Cas had more ball and control but didnt look like scoring and at times Wigan were holding on. The big difference was the change in attitude at half time, Wigan came out flying, playing everything quicker and much more aggressively and blew Cas away. Worryingly for Cas was the inability to change the game at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Damien said:

Typical from Powell and what we have come to expect. It was strange how he wasn't interviewed last night either.

Very disappointing by Powell, hopefully when he sees it a bit more he will accept he was wrong and condemn the player as it was a disgusting and cowardly attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...