Let's have some fun now.

RogerT

Would love to accept LD, but a bit too long in the tooth!! Head says we go for a 2nd in command SL man who wants his own gig....said Dickens some time ago,  don't know if it would be good for Sharp to return for a second crack but he MIGHT convince the BoD it's worth a crack. Has Senior got his badges? Paul Rowley...

deffo john sharp for me or even Noble who spends most of his time at mount, but deffo not lingard, way too soon for him to be a good championship coach, he needs loads more experiance, look what has happened in past 3 yrs with an inexperianced coach

3 hours ago, silverback said:

we dont need "one a the lads" we need an older head who gets respect soon as hes around,gets best out a players and can turn and lift a game round from 40 gone. best name so far is stuart dickens but who knows, thorman was mentioned and for me keith senior would rule a changing room.but if we stick with the bargain basement linners or heaton will get the gig, whos to say change is going to happen anyways so it might be all in vain anyways.

just seen post that hes gone..yipeeeeeeeeeee.start all over again.

Dickens already has a good, well-paid job as an assistant. Maybe a bit of cash and the attraction of being a first team coach will be attractive?

Thorman is rumoured to be going to Hull KR - I don't think he is keen to return to W Yorks.

One complicating factor might be the development of reserve teams in SL drawing some potential candidates to better paid jobs.

Hunslet have done well this season, haven't they?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

sharp would be great but someone mentioned hes an agent and cant do both jobs, i always liked the way marshall did things but as a gig with saints by looks a things. big call for BOD to make as if its wrong again were in champ 1 with 300 fans,

I'd give Sharpe another go or perhaps Noble is fed up of jetting all over the place and would fancy a go at a tidy, friendly club where we all know each other on first name terms?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Can we get nobles girlfriends number. Could bombard her with requests or begs to shove nobby up them stairs to our boardroom. Shes a batley fan

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

29 minutes ago, silverback said:

sharp would be great but someone mentioned hes an agent and cant do both jobs, i always liked the way marshall did things but as a gig with saints by looks a things. big call for BOD to make as if its wrong again were in champ 1 with 300 fans,

He’s a coaching consultant for his own business, not an agent get him back i’m Sure he’d love the challenge whoever takes over needs to make the mount a tough place to come again 

As I said elsewhere, nobody knows who would come until you ask. We probably didn't expect John Kear but a phone call paid divis, same might happen with Nobby, nothing lost except the cost of a call....

18 hours ago, phildog said:

As I said elsewhere, nobody knows who would come until you ask. We probably didn't expect John Kear but a phone call paid divis, same might happen with Nobby, nothing lost except the cost of a call....

A genuine question: can he actually coach SP players or just a team recruited with a lot of money? I don't see any evidence on his record of the former.

Horses for courses seems apt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

A genuine question: can he actually coach SP players or just a team recruited with a lot of money? I don't see any evidence on his record of the former.

Horses for courses seems apt.

Is SP semi pro ?....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Will we be seeing more of you now up the Mount.

who are you talking to Roger?.....Moi ?

I've got a 1 inch hole..... on a clear day I can see my small intestine .....

my absences have had little to do with Diskin…. 

but...

I would sooner pay on the day if I'm feeling ok.... have to admit this years gate price increase was ridiculous...and inflation busting....£6 a game for me....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

16 hours ago, RPH said:

Is SP semi pro ?....

Yes.

Moot now, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Diskin quite literally robbed the club from our diehards. I would imagine the possibility of a contract extension would of been catastrophic. Nearly as bad as relegation

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived