Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hrtbps

Average attendances

Just to round up what Colin was saying about sending a circular out - I’m surprised clubs don’t do this. Royal Mail deliver leaflets to every address in the UK (madrednige one of the downsides of our job lol!) hard to get an exact price but for a small flyer they charge £70-90 to deliver 1000. So for Featherstone (approx 15k population) you’re looking at £1200 plus the cost of printing...maybe £2500-£3000 tops to have a leaflet delivered to every property in Fev.

A well designed flyer, advertising 2020 season tickets, with a tear off feedback form which if filled in and returned enters the customer into a prize draw to get say 1 of 10 free season tickets plus gets every customer who responds a 50% off match ticket. Instant feedback for very little cost, could even be funded by supporters groups.

I think clubs are falling so far behind and we’ll see the results in the non too distant future as ageing fans drop off. I see tweets and Facebook questions (is the club shop open tomorrow? When are shirts available?) unanswered by clubs, no doubt the media manager rushed off his feet but how hard is it to ask for a few social media savvy volunteers to give up an hour a day to login and respond to questions? Promotions not followed up (no point offering free tickets if you don’t keep their details and follow it up). 

It really is a ‘post a few tweets and the odd news article and hope they come’ approach which works for the odd club. But it needs more joined up thinking, use the technology available, pool ideas and ask for help. And then make sure the experience on the day is as good as it could be. 

I could go on but I won’t lol. Clubs can change this but they have to start thinking, and I include my own in this (York) who are doing well at increasing attendances but there’s so much untapped support in the city and we have a long way to go.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Just to round up what Colin was saying about sending a circular out - I’m surprised clubs don’t do this. Royal Mail deliver leaflets to every address in the UK (madrednige one of the downsides of our job lol!) hard to get an exact price but for a small flyer they charge £70-90 to deliver 1000. So for Featherstone (approx 15k population) you’re looking at £1200 plus the cost of printing...maybe £2500-£3000 tops to have a leaflet delivered to every property in Fev.

A well designed flyer, advertising 2020 season tickets, with a tear off feedback form which if filled in and returned enters the customer into a prize draw to get say 1 of 10 free season tickets plus gets every customer who responds a 50% off match ticket. Instant feedback for very little cost, could even be funded by supporters groups.

I think clubs are falling so far behind and we’ll see the results in the non too distant future as ageing fans drop off. I see tweets and Facebook questions (is the club shop open tomorrow? When are shirts available?) unanswered by clubs, no doubt the media manager rushed off his feet but how hard is it to ask for a few social media savvy volunteers to give up an hour a day to login and respond to questions? Promotions not followed up (no point offering free tickets if you don’t keep their details and follow it up). 

It really is a ‘post a few tweets and the odd news article and hope they come’ approach which works for the odd club. But it needs more joined up thinking, use the technology available, pool ideas and ask for help. And then make sure the experience on the day is as good as it could be. 

I could go on but I won’t lol. Clubs can change this but they have to start thinking, and I include my own in this (York) who are doing well at increasing attendances but there’s so much untapped support in the city and we have a long way to go.

You can say that agen!!! Hate households and worst thing is no body wants them 😡

• Like 1