France U19s in New Zealand

audois

24 selected here from original thirty-four group. 8 Catalans and 7 from TO. Great opportunity 27/09 v South Island (Christchurch), 30/09 Toa Samoa, 03/10 NZ Residents and 06/10 Auckland.Promising Catalans forward Hugo Salabio could also be included in Aurelien Coligni's squad later in Sydney. The Limoux half-back Cesar Rouge interesting selection. Was considered the best U16s in the Cadets two match series against England Youth recently.

sélectionnés-724x1024.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

My club have  four in the squad, our  winger Dorian gouzy who played 12 first grade games last season and is in the France elite 1 training squad has not been picked, the selectioners seem to forget that not all the players are at college or at the catalans, they had training sessions and trials  during the day during the week and Saturday mornings, his boss wouldn't give him the time off, so he's lost out on his place, 

À real shame as he missed out. 

Brochon, Cozza, Salabio and Zafra Elite 1 Championship winners with St Esteve (Dragons reserves) last season. While Pierre-Jean Lima turned out for 2nd place TO in the Championship.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

• 2 weeks later...

Winning  start in Christchurch today.

EFdJcX3U8AAXCQx.jpg

30 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Well if a national selection with players that have played all year long in Elite 1 can't beat a local u20 side I'd be worried. 

I think local players from France and NZ are going to be fairly even given resources and player base. Thinks it's a fair to be able to look at both sides as equals.

Would I be right in thinking North Island will offer tougher opposition.

15 hours ago, audois said:

Would I be right in thinking North Island will offer tougher opposition.

Canterbury doesn't have the player pool like Auckland to draw on but always competes well. Perhaps it doesn't have to suffer the NRL talent scout raids like Auckland does and can build a team. Either way, it is an achievement to beat this side. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On to Rotorua next I think and then Auckland to conclude.

EFsH0F8W4AAWVkd.jpg

On 30/09/2019 at 20:52, barnyia said:

Another win, 

A fantastic result. I was unsure how the tourists would do but they are acquitting themselves well. A great experience for them as well.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived