RAIDERS 2020 SQUAD

Barroooww

1 hour ago, B4RR0W said:

Great news to get signatures on paper and in the main really happy, but a large majority have missed large parts of this and last season with huge injuries .... is this not a bit more of a risk we have the same injury issue as this year. 

Duffy must have played maybe 10-12 games in 2 seasons? Is this not a risk

On the resignatures mossop duffy and morrow surely are a risk... i bet theyve only played 50 games between them all over last two seasons... 

Im worried the club are setting themselves up for a fall... again (see hock/humes injuries, and games ratio past 2 seasons) 

Again just an opinion... would the priority not be stack smith etc. To build a strong spine to accompany cresswell forster and mr jr?

I think your stats for Duffy are slightly out, 8 games this season , 25 last 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

Great news to get signatures on paper and in the main really happy, but a large majority have missed large parts of this and last season with huge injuries .... is this not a bit more of a risk we have the same injury issue as this year. 

Duffy must have played maybe 10-12 games in 2 seasons? Is this not a risk

On the resignatures mossop duffy and morrow surely are a risk... i bet theyve only played 50 games between them all over last two seasons... 

Im worried the club are setting themselves up for a fall... again (see hock/humes injuries, and games ratio past 2 seasons) 

Again just an opinion... would the priority not be stack smith etc. To build a strong spine to accompany cresswell forster and mr jr?

107 appearances for those 3 over the last 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, The Vet said:

Who’s mr jr?

Watts puara Jr. 

I just say Jr as my spelling is as bad as the announcers were at the start of the year.

I agree though with comments the board are doing excellent work, its just my opinion.

I dont know if they are not trying to sign smith and stack.  

Is the season of speculation and guesswork on whats happening. 

I think ritson will he a revelation and would love to see him utilised as a running half and carter or dalimore as the rudder.

10 hours ago, B4RR0W said:

I stand corrected. Maybe an unfair assumption (hands up) 

Mossop 45

Duffy 33

Morrow 27

It's a contact sport, all three play in the pack (accept Morrow sometimes plays centre), injuries are going to happen.

For those interested

2019 2018 Total
Jamie Dallimore 25 28 53
Alec Susino 23 28 51
Jono Smith 21 25 46
Nathan Mossop 15 30 45
Jarrad Stack 23 21 44
Tom Walker 27 15 42
Glenn Riley 18 23 41
Martin Aspinwall 16 21 37
Dan Toal 14 23 37
Ryan Duffy 8 25 33
Deon Cross 30   30
Wartovo Puara Jnr 30   30
Ryan Johnston 12 17 29
Brett Carter 7 21 28
Danny Morrow 14 13 27
Bradd Crellin 10 17 27
Stargroth Amean 25   25
Jordan Walne 25   25
Declan Hulme 6 19 25
Tee Ritson 23   23
Luke Cresswell 20 3 23
Lewis Charnock 17 6 23
Tom Loxam 8 15 23
Shane Toal 4 19 23
Jake Spedding 20   20
Jake Carter 9   9

3 hours ago, the mutt said:

jake spedding gone to widnes,to partner deon cross? ben white  signed for batley.batley had ben black years ago aswell.

Ben Black was a Halifax player wasn't he? 

5 hours ago, the mutt said:

jake spedding gone to widnes,to partner deon cross? ben white  signed for batley.batley had ben black years ago aswell.

Spedding signed for Featherstone for 2020 not long after he got released.

27 minutes ago, Barroooww said:

https://barrowrlfc.com/declan-hulme-re-signs/

dec hulme next to sign up again. Surprising one considering his injury nightmares over the last 2 years but a very good centre so worth keeping.

Why is it surprising? Declan is a top quality player and has come back from a long term injury. It's rugby league. Players are always going to get injured. Welcome back Declan. 

5 minutes ago, bruner said:

Why is it surprising? Declan is a top quality player and has come back from a long term injury. It's rugby league. Players are always going to get injured. Welcome back Declan. 

I think it's surprising because we're going in with a smaller squad this year and with our injury woes last season I thought we'd look to cut ties with injury prone players. All 3 lads we've signed that have had bad injuries are no doubt top quality players I just hope they can stay fit 

9 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

I think it's surprising because we're going in with a smaller squad this year and with our injury woes last season I thought we'd look to cut ties with injury prone players. All 3 lads we've signed that have had bad injuries are no doubt top quality players I just hope they can stay fit 

Couldn’t of said it better myself

27 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Thats what I was I was getting at 

1 hour ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Has it been said we are going in with a smaller squad, there’s only 26 players listed above who played last season which is really small, surely we can’t use so few again next year?

10 minutes ago, The Vet said:

Has it been said we are going in with a smaller squad, there’s only 26 players listed above who played last season which is really small, surely we can’t use so few again next year?

Steve was on OSB on Monday he mentioned we had 28 I think? Last season this year we're going 25

Archived