Reports suggest Toronto Wolfpack not guaranteed SL place

The Daddy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elstone is trying to juice the Wolfpack for money...its an outright fraud attempt...is the same reason with Rimmer and the Ottawa delay...so blatant and obvious...then they try to cover it up with some pasty story...pathetic.

Okay Super League, now put the round in the chamber...thats right now cock the trigger...you are doing so well...

now put the end of the barrel of the revolver to your temple and make sure the chambered round is the next one up.....now disengage the safety....Ohhh!!!!.. they are indeed a bright pair this Rimmer/Elstone tandem.

51 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

.....If they win the play off final. 

That would be quite shocking if true 

Any excuse for Elstone and his gang of three to deny TWP they will use. Appalling if it happens.

Disgusting if it was to happen. Funnily enough I was reading animal farm earlier. You know, "all animals are equal but some more equal than others". "all rugby league teams have equal chance of being promoted but some more chance than others". What's the point of bringing back P&R if the team to go up is just gonna be handpicked anyway? Let's wait and see. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

If they’re not allowed in it would be disgusting behaviour given how much time and money they’ve invested into the game so far. In fact I’d probably stop watching SL. 

So would I. 

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Any excuse for Elstone and his gang of three to deny TWP they will use. Appalling if it happens.

Why?

1 minute ago, Mark S said:

It would be the last straw for me, I love the game but at the same time there are other things that currently have my attention. Having Toronto in SL would be a shot in the arm for the game.

The last straw

I know nothing about this situation, but I know that London were promoted last year. What's the difference with Toronto being promoted and London being promoted?

I'm guessing it's maybe something to do with the travel issues etc.

What is the extra due diligence that Toronto need to do?

Whatever it is, I hope it gets revolved and Toronto are able to enter SL.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

If they’re not allowed in it would be disgusting behaviour given how much time and money they’ve invested into the game so far. In fact I’d probably stop watching SL. 

Totally agree with you on that score. I've watched RL for over 40 years and have only ever come close once to giving up on the game.....that was when Gateshead were sacrificed to save Hull . To deny them entry would be a outrageous if this story is true.

What makes this season any different from last. Had TWP beaten London would they have been denied entry ????

Either we want this game to grow or we continue to put a few elite clubs above everything else. 

Have any of other teams in the playoffs shown they have the money to survive ?

Have any of the other teams in the playoffs shown the due diligence required by  Elstone ?

Does anyone know what this due diligence of Elstone's actually consists of ?

22 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I know nothing about this situation, but I know that London were promoted last year. What's the difference with Toronto being promoted and London being promoted?

I'm guessing it's maybe something to do with the travel issues etc.

What is the extra due diligence that Toronto need to do?

Whatever it is, I hope it gets revolved and Toronto are able to enter SL.

Rumour is that SL want them to post a hefty bond.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Just now, Blind side johnny said:

Rumour is that SL want them to post a hefty bond.

it's sure a pay to play scheme going for Toronto. Pay 1/2 a mill to play in CC, pay to play in SL...how much money have all the other clubs payed to play in the league?

Anyone notice championship games on SKY recently...wonder how that happened?

Great way to promote the sport for a new broadcasting deal is to deny a major international team from entering that will compete for titles and save a bottom feeder who's major goal it to be 11th.

8 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

The only reason I can think of for a bond would be if TWP are subsiding other teams travel costs then if they went under it would/could affect other clubs finances

But that is the ONLY reason I can see for wanting some kind of surety

Toronto have a growing track record of not paying their bills so they only have themselves to blame if they have to stump up cash in advance.

The major sponsor; AirTransat. Needs renewing / replacing shortly. Argyle has shown he is only willing / able to pay his squads wages. Nothing else, to the point TWP are selective in paying bills. SL Clubs pay their own fare but a seasons worth + of transatlantic travel needs funding for TWP......

1 minute ago, Smudger06 said:

The major sponsor; AirTransat. Needs renewing / replacing shortly. Argyle has shown he is only willing / able to pay his squads wages. Nothing else, to the point TWP are selective in paying bills. SL Clubs pay their own fare but a seasons worth + of transatlantic travel needs funding for TWP......

You’d think Super League is where the Air Transat sponsorship comes into its own because of the larger number of away fans who’d be willing to travel to Toronto via that airline.

If they don’t renew they’d surely be screwed.

Archived