CHRIS THORMAN SIGNS 3 YEAR DEAL!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Didn't see that coming, awesome stuff well done all! Be great to see what he can do with his own signings and pre season....

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

As a Haven fan I want to say well done Town, fans have been calling for it and the BOD have got it over the line. Great appointment. Top bloke, hopefully this will spur you on in playoffs and we will see you in Champ next year. Lets get Cumbria RL back where it belongs 

Excellent news, don't know how it fits in with his RU head coach job but I'm sure the BOD and Chris have this sorted.

He comes across brilliantly and is very credible so its a great move by the BOD.  Hopefully he will get some of the players we have knocked into shape and build a squad to compete in whichever division we are in next season. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Well deserved and to say I am over the moon is an understatement.

The even better part is that it is a 3 year deal so we can have stability.

Let Chris recruit his own playing staff and get a good pre-season with the lads and we should be miles better next season just hope we get a big enough squad to mitigate any injuries we pick up and for competition for places.

16 minutes ago, town4me said:

Wow that's commitment for you. That's good to hear. 

I hope so. The guy is humble, down to earth, straight talking and very knowledgeable. Big wraps to the BOD.

It gives the club a solid foundation to move forward alongside the players already signed up. Get consistency in training and matchday numbers and I'm sure he will succeed in taking the club where it wants to go.

1 hour ago, snoopdog said:

I believe it's a full-time contract and Chris is moving to Town , great commitment from Chris and the club ?

Superb stuff if true, real commitment from all involved and hopefully this time a proper long term plan.

excellent move by the BOD.

Not sure what's happened with Rooney taking over as coach, but I think this is a more solid appointment and will pay dividends in the long term.

If nothing else, he has been able to assess first hand the issues at the club, the current squad, and will no doubt have players in mind that he wishes to bring into key positions to strengthen the side.

Maybe the BOD should approach Haven and Barrow and possibly Newcastle and start playing for the Cumbria Cup as a pre season competition. It was always very competitive back in the day, and would be more beneficial that playing the Super League u19's and Reserve sides

Listening to that interview and how well Chris spoke, I’m really excited for the next three years. As he said everybody will have to work together but he feels they are exciting times. I think the board deserve tremendous credit for securing his services for 3 years as it is obvious he had other offers. 

Whatever happens this weekend I’m looking forward to next season already and seeing how we progress.

Archived