Swinton (Merged Threads)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Does not matter what you call a club, if you have bad people in charge you will get a bad outcome.

Ideas are nothing if you dont have the quality of people to implement them.

The arsh in charge is not a bad person, however he does have different ideas to the cognoscenti of the clubs backing, and fans. If Andy had asked the fans what do they want, then he might've got a separate reply. Donkey business brains, do not always equal sport realist brains, it's a loss leader. Marwan Koukash realised that & he pulled out.

We need a club that can be successful in a challenging league, and I think we have that this year, next year we will be even stronger, we will be pushing for a play-off position, VIVA LIONS, from SWINTON!!

On 19/09/2019 at 08:17, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

This would be the same group of insular fans who put their own money into saving the club a few years back into keeping the club going.

The mistake they made then was keeping the board, should have insisted on a change of faces.

Shiny new fans are great, but lets see if the likes of Toronto are there when the clubs hits hard times.

You can have few members or customers as fans, not a good idea to confuse the two.

Customers are not in it for the long term.

Really, is that what happened?

I thought that the whole board structure changed but you are clearly closer to things.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

This would be the same group of insular fans who put their own money into saving the club a few years back into keeping the club going.

The mistake they made then was keeping the board, should have insisted on a change of faces.

Shiny new fans are great, but lets see if the likes of Toronto are there when the clubs hits hard times.

You can have few members or customers as fans, not a good idea to confuse the two.

It really doesn't matter now as the club is going to fold.

haven't been following this thread for while now but I'm currently listening to the chasing kangaroos podcast (30 min mark) that was recorded before the weekend and it's just so frustrating to listen to people talk sense and be positive knowing that "fans" just killed their clubs cuz of a name. Same location, same colours...still the lions...but nope!

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/chasing-kangaroos/e/63913638?autoplay=true

Just to post devil's advocate...

People were complaining in the early SL years that Bradford were "stealing" fans from areas around them (Batley, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, etc).  How come those clubs weren't getting fans from Bradford? Might it have something to do with the big city attachment? 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

People were complaining in the early SL years that Bradford were "stealing" fans from areas around them (Batley, Dewsbury, Huddersfield, etc).  How come those clubs weren't getting fans from Bradford? Might it have something to do with the big city attachment? 

There's definitely an element of that, plus a successful team that was an enjoyable evening to watch. 

I've said before on these forums that you're as likely to see Rhinos shirts in Cas, Wakey, Fev etc as you are their own teams. 

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

People love a bandwagon.

That is not quite the order of things as I remember them.

The club was in trouble and money was raised by the supporters Trust,and other supporters

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/swinton-lions-rlfc-financial-problems-13354437

It was AFTER that when Andy Mazey joined - https://rlobsessed.com/2017/09/07/mazey-new-chairman-at-swinton/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

On 19/09/2019 at 23:30, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Does not matter what you call a club, if you have bad people in charge you will get a bad outcome.

Ideas are nothing if you dont have the quality of people to implement them.

Don't you mean rich enough ?

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

That is not quite the order of things as I remember them.

The club was in trouble and money was raised by the supporters Trust,and other supporters

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/swinton-lions-rlfc-financial-problems-13354437

It was AFTER that when Andy Mazey joined - https://rlobsessed.com/2017/09/07/mazey-new-chairman-at-swinton/

I dont think you read what I wrote.

Archived