Huge funding for Norway Rugby League wheelchair development

Damien

Norway Rugby League has received huge funding towards the development of the wheelchair game. €176,000 is a huge amount:

Rugby League Norge has been awarded 1,750,000 crowns (approx 176,000 euros) by the DNB Savings Bank Foundation towards the development of the wheelchair game.

The successful funding bid comes on the back of Norway gaining a place in the 2021 Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup in England.

https://www.rlef.eu.com/articles/1752/norway-rugby-league-receive-major-investment-for-wheelchair-game

WOWZERS! That's serious funding for Wheelchair RL in any country, let alone one where the code as a whole is relatively unknown.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

WOWZERS! That's serious funding for Wheelchair RL in any country, let alone one where the code as a whole is relatively unknown.

It certainly is. It's an unprecedented amount of funding for any development country. Like you say it's probably more than the established RL nations too. If it was 10k we'd be saying they've done very well.

Archived