Anybody have ideas what happens next.

Julianccaine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I admit that there was no guarantee the rebrand would have worked.Nothing is guaranteed in life except perhaps taxes and death.Manchester Lions May have failed but it may have worked too.

Of course I will be getting a Season Ticket for next year and I will carry on contributing to Pride Builder and will help out as best as my pocket and bank balance allows and I hope many more others do the same.This is the time the club needs the support.

1 hour ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

And die as Swinton we will do....well done ?

Take your head out of the sand, you have clearly given no thought to the future generations and what will give the club a chance of a long term future and are clinging onto something that has ultimately blocked the club from having its best chance to not only survive but to be something meaningful once again in the sport.

You are deluded!!! We are not in the same boat as all the other teams outside Super League wake up and smell coffee. We have been outside the town we carry the name of and slowly dying for decades with no way back and no real interest outside of a few hundred die hards that can’t sustain a team at the level we currently are.

The Batley, Dewsbury, Barrows and even the Rochdale, Oldham and Keighley’s are on their ***** agreed, but have a far better chance than us staying as Swinton as at least they have ground In their own town’s and a decent standard of amateur clubs to work with and recruit from.

We had to accept change and look to a new direction which granted didn’t guarantee success but sure as hell guaranteed we would have kept the quality board and investment we had and the progress we’ve enjoyed these last two years going which would have given us a far better chance than we have now as a charity case.

Staggering that some would gladly see the club go to rack and ruin and go down the pan just to retain a name we haven’t actually been since 1992 if truth be told.

I didn’t want to lose the name but was satisfied it was being retained in the badge and brand. Andy and the board put us on the verge of something very special but have been forced away by morons who jerk off to memories of the 60’s.

I won’t be rushing for a season ticket or to put cash in the buckets this time as it’s self harm and we will get what we deserve if Karma has anything to do with it.

I was happy enough with Swinton being on the badge.I felt it was a tasteful rebrand that embraced the future but also respected our heritage.I felt it was unique and bespoke.

Of course Manchester Lions could have flopped,there was no guarantee it would have worked but nothing much is guaranteed anyway but the board which was the best and most progressive we have ever seen would still have been here.And I think given time Manchester Lions would have been a success both on and off the field with paying attendance figures gradually increasing.We May never know what would have happened.

Myself personally I will do my bit to help and support the club.I will renew my Season Ticket and I will contribute a modest amount per month to Pridebuilder as that is all my pocket and bank balance will allow.

The club will need as much support as they can get and I hope whatever the feelings are people will rally round the club and do the best we possibly can.

I think the main thing now is literally to take one day at a time.

8 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

maybe you could answer this one ,why on the thursday evening would the chairman be a radio programme telling everyone what a great opportunity  by become Machester Lions ,yet  less than 24 hours later he and the board quit , what could of possibly happen in that time ?

Maybe they finally got sick of people like you and decided to keep their time and money for something more deserving.

Maybe all the insults, abuse, petitions, Supporters Trust and Salford Council putting obstacles in the way they finally decided enough was enough and decided to sing you can stick your Swinton Lions up your ######....

One thing I do know is I was embarrassed by the actions of some so called supporters both online and at that Sheffield game and don’t blame them. 

7 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I was happy enough with Swinton being on the badge.I felt it was a tasteful rebrand that embraced the future but also respected our heritage.I felt it was unique and bespoke.

Of course Manchester Lions could have flopped,there was no guarantee it would have worked but nothing much is guaranteed anyway but the board which was the best and most progressive we have ever seen would still have been here.And I think given time Manchester Lions would have been a success both on and off the field with paying attendance figures gradually increasing.We May never know what would have happened.

Myself personally I will do my bit to help and support the club.I will renew my Season Ticket and I will contribute a modest amount per month to Pridebuilder as that is all my pocket and bank balance will allow.

The club will need as much support as they can get and I hope whatever the feelings are people will rally round the club and do the best we possibly can.

I think the main thing now is literally to take one day at a time.

Fair play to you and I respect your support.

I may well soften as the season approaches but I’m just devastated at the missed opportunity and what we’ve lost.

2 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Fair play to you and I respect your support.

I may well soften as the season approaches but I’m just devastated at the missed opportunity and what we’ve lost.

Likewise I respect your opinion and position.

I too feel the devastation at the missed opportunity and what we have lost.

Whilst it is great to see people set up events to raise money for the club,this unfortunately cannot be sustained long term as it is the same people who are digging deep and one day they will not be able to do that.And I fear that the amount that will be needed to plug the shortfalls will run into six figures,to say a region between £100K to £200K maybe more I simply don’t know.And let’s say it is the latter figure at the most and let’s say we have a fan base of 500,will those 500 fans be able to cough up £400 extra per year to keep the club going?I know I cannot afford it,and I suspect the same for others.

8 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Maybe they finally got sick of people like you and decided to keep their time and money for something more deserving.

Maybe all the insults, abuse, petitions, Supporters Trust and Salford Council putting obstacles in the way they finally decided enough was enough and decided to sing you can stick your Swinton Lions up your ######....

One thing I do know is I was embarrassed by the actions of some so called supporters both online and at that Sheffield game and don’t blame them. 

people like me ,that buys  a season ticket ,pays into pride builder ,lottery ,raffle tickets and have not abused anybody , but i had a difffrent view to other people , that does not make be a bad person . and my conscience is clear 

2 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

people like me ,that buys  a season ticket ,pays into pride builder ,lottery ,raffle tickets and have not abused anybody , but i had a difffrent view to other people , that does not make be a bad person . and my conscience is clear 

Good on you ???

It doesn’t make you a bad person at all no, but It’s pretty clear you have a view that will never change because you are locked in the past and trying to live on days of old and memories of when Swinton was meaningful in both the town and the sport.

Enjoy the raffles, bucket collections and living like a charity case ?

A really sad time at the club coupled with the problems at Rochdale. As a rugby league fan it upsets me to see two sets of fans hurling insults at each other and they're from the same club. I just hope it can still be sorted out and bring you all back together supporting your team. I hope the same can be done at Rochdale as it seems equally toxic at that club too. Good luck to both clubs. 

The rebrand and then the not rebrand has ripped the support apart I'm afraid. The flat earthers won and boy how they are enjoying it... Suddenly we all have to rally around the club in its hour of need. There would have been no crisis if some fools hadn't acted so badly.

I can't see myself putting my hand in my pocket again for the Lions. I felt energised by the rebrand but now ...

I'll watch another sport probably. TBH I haven't enjoyed watching Swinton for some time. I found myself spending more time trying to count the spectators than watching the game!

4 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

A really sad time at the club coupled with the problems at Rochdale. As a rugby league fan it upsets me to see two sets of fans hurling insults at each other and they're from the same club. I just hope it can still be sorted out and bring you all back together supporting your team. I hope the same can be done at Rochdale as it seems equally toxic at that club too. Good luck to both clubs. 

What is going on at Hornets then?

7 hours ago, gandalf said:

The rebrand and then the not rebrand has ripped the support apart I'm afraid. The flat earthers won and boy how they are enjoying it... Suddenly we all have to rally around the club in its hour of need. There would have been no crisis if some fools hadn't acted so badly.

I can't see myself putting my hand in my pocket again for the Lions. I felt energised by the rebrand but now ...

I'll watch another sport probably. TBH I haven't enjoyed watching Swinton for some time. I found myself spending more time trying to count the spectators than watching the game!

You have summed up my feelings in your post here.

Its cringe worthy the way many of those who failed to back a really forward thinking board and the only realistic chance we will get are now rallying around again with the buckets and charity. It’s a real small time mentality that has led to Swinton becoming what it has over a number of decades and embarrassingly we seem to love being in a hole.

Some of these clowns can’t see or even begin to understand what they have done.

16 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

What is going on at Hornets then?

In contractual dispute with players so it seems. A section of fans very unhappy. Have a luck on their forum. A bit concerning to say the least. Some of them claiming the future of the club is in doubt. I think that eventually we'll all have come to terms with the fact that some of the clubs won't be around in a few years if superleague get their way. Which clubs will go pop I don't know. ?

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

In contractual dispute with players so it seems. A section of fans very unhappy. Have a luck on their forum. A bit concerning to say the least. Some of them claiming the future of the club is in doubt. I think that eventually we'll all have come to terms with the fact that some of the clubs won't be around in a few years if superleague get their way. Which clubs will go pop I don't know. ?

I will do yes.

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

My God.There are certainly issues there and it seems like it is all out war at Hornets.And pardon the pun but it certainly seems that several hornets nests have been rattled and the wasps are stinging everything in sight and in numbers too.

And it seems that the wasps are really putting poison in their sting,and that no one can deal with them or the folk being stung.

It makes me realise as a Swinton fan why the previous board whose loss I mourn wanted to rebrand the club.And they were right to do so as well.

9 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

My God.There are certainly issues there and it seems like it is all out war at Hornets.And pardon the pun but it certainly seems that several hornets nests have been rattled and the wasps are stinging everything in sight and in numbers too.

And it seems that the wasps are really putting poison in their sting,and that no one can deal with them or the folk being stung.

It makes me realise as a Swinton fan why the previous board whose loss I mourn wanted to rebrand the club.And they were right to do so as well.

Doesn't make for good reading does it? It's sad that Considering how small the sport is anyway, fans are turning on each other. They all love their club which is great. But to be turning on each other like that doesn't help. It's a shame they don't seem to be able to find consensus. 

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Doesn't make for good reading does it? It's sad that Considering how small the sport is anyway, fans are turning on each other. They all love their club which is great. But to be turning on each other like that doesn't help. It's a shame they don't seem to be able to find consensus. 

No it certainly does not make good reading at all.I have no doubt that the fans love the club.Sadly though you have fans who are progressive and accept that change has to happen and fans who will not accept change and want things to stay as they are,and unfortunately the latter especially with what is coming is I suspect no longer going to be viable in the 20s and the modern world.

But whilst they cling on to yesteryear they fail to see that yesteryear is waving them goodbye.And as the Status Quo song”Never Too Late”from the 1981 album says”This old sea dog is waving you bye bye”and those lyrics are so true.And not only are they true where Hornets are concerned but I suggest it is the same at my club Swinton Lions.

We had a board that took a big decision,a controversial one,a brave one but nevertheless the right one to rebrand and at least attempt to do something to try and take us forward but it wasn’t accepted by some fans.They understandably decided we can no longer flog a dead horse and walked,and in all honesty I didn’t blame them,and I don’t blame them.

The sad thing now is that refusal to accept change will probably see both the Hornets and Lions disappear and die,or just become amateur clubs ??

8 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

No it certainly does not make good reading at all.I have no doubt that the fans love the club.Sadly though you have fans who are progressive and accept that change has to happen and fans who will not accept change and want things to stay as they are,and unfortunately the latter especially with what is coming is I suspect no longer going to be viable in the 20s and the modern world.

But whilst they cling on to yesteryear they fail to see that yesteryear is waving them goodbye.And as the Status Quo song”Never Too Late”from the 1981 album says”This old sea dog is waving you bye bye”and those lyrics are so true.And not only are they true where Hornets are concerned but I suggest it is the same at my club Swinton Lions.

We had a board that took a big decision,a controversial one,a brave one but nevertheless the right one to rebrand and at least attempt to do something to try and take us forward but it wasn’t accepted by some fans.They understandably decided we can no longer flog a dead horse and walked,and in all honesty I didn’t blame them,and I don’t blame them.

The sad thing now is that refusal to accept change will probably see both the Hornets and Lions disappear and die,or just become amateur clubs ??

We won't be far behind you mate, along with a host of others. 

6 hours ago, juliancaine said:

On the lions Facebook n total rl that the clubs now been placed in specially measures by the  rfl, unless someone buys the club soon with deep pockets I fear the end is nigh.

https://www.totalrl.com/swinton-lions-placed-under-special-measures/

Meanwhile on the same Facebook family page it’s all positivity and calls for unity ahead of tomorrow nights open meeting from the remaining director......just but bring your chequebook and a bucket with you and we will be ok ?

Archived