Anybody have ideas what happens next.

Julianccaine

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:10, Robthegasman said:

I note on the Companies House website that on the 19th September a Notification of a person with significant control statement was lodged electronically at Companies House.

I note on that there is no name mentioned.

I wonder what this means?

It simply means that there is no one, or thing in the sense of another company or organisation, in a position to be classed as having 'significant control' over the affairs of the company - the statement regarding PSCs cannot be blank. However, since Mr Mazey owns (or did when the last Confirmation Statement was submitted in April) 28% of the shares I would have thought that he would have still been named. A PSC meets one or more of

1. hold more than 25% of the company’s shares
  2. hold more than 25% of the company’s voting rights
  3. have the power to appoint or remove a majority of the company’s board
  4. have the right to exercise or actually exercise significant influence or control over the company
  5. have the right to exercise or actually exercise significant influence or control over a trust or a firm that is not a legal entity which itself satisfies any of the first four conditions.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/10/2019 at 19:15, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Meanwhile on the same Facebook family page it’s all positivity and calls for unity ahead of tomorrow nights open meeting from the remaining director......just but bring your chequebook and a bucket with you and we will be ok ?

I've heard that at least one of our squad that were signed up for next year have signed elsewhere, could be more. With no news on new players, we could be down to only 11 players signed up for next year.  Doesn't sound too positive to me ?

The Board were never going to get a 100 percent support with the name changed and it was embarrassing how badly it was handled by the previous Board 

The way they blamed the Supporters Trust as well as various other parties was shameful. There's more to them walking away than meets the eye in my opinion. Time to move on and unite and stop finger pointing.

16 minutes ago, ste 81 said:

The Board were never going to get a 100 percent support with the name changed and it was embarrassing how badly it was handled by the previous Board 

The way they blamed the Supporters Trust as well as various other parties was shameful. There's more to them walking away than meets the eye in my opinion. Time to move on and unite and stop finger pointing.

Yep let’s unite and get those buckets a rattling....

38 minutes ago, ste 81 said:

God you sound just like our ex Chairman what are we supposed to do just give up.

No I sound like the 80% of people who wanted to see the journey continue and was looking forward to what our ex Chairman and the board wanted to deliver.

We won’t give up we will do what we always do and just survive getting smaller and older year by year.

Is this the 80 Percent of the select handpicked supporters chosen to attend. Even the ones that went said it was a 50/50 split so the 80 Percent was garbage.

The so called troublemakers were leaving after the Sheffield game which makes the decision to walk away even stranger.

What's the big plan then to increase the Swinton supporter base? 

The mythical and never to be return to Swinton where the thousands of supporters will great us ?

So how do you increase the numbers through the turnstiles, probably playing ###### rugby, and lumbered with a town name that's meaningless?

We might have to look at disabled parking around Heywood Rd as more and more of us are in our wheel chairs ..

1 minute ago, gandalf said:

What's the big plan then to increase the Swinton supporter base? 

The mythical and never to be return to Swinton where the thousands of supporters will great us ?

So how do you increase the numbers through the turnstiles, probably playing ###### rugby, and lumbered with a town name that's meaningless?

We might have to look at disabled parking around Heywood Rd as more and more of us are in our wheel chairs ..

Heywood Road won’t be an issue beyond 2020 as we probably won’t be able to afford to use it. It was well documented that one of the former directors covered the cost in full last year of Heywood Road so I’d imagine we are on borrowed time once the funding associated with the previous boards 9th placed finish and efforts has gone.

I get trying to put a positive spin on things but why didn’t we rally in the same way behind a Chairman and board for the last two years then maybe we could have had a bright future and note worthy existence.

20 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

If it truly was 80% like the previous board stated, why did they do one?!

Just doesn't add up.

Same as Mazey outright lieing that fans were chanting and abusing him at the Sheffield game. Crazy.

What is it with Leythers and hyperbole.

I was a guest upstairs on that day and  personally witnessed so called supporters from below the balcony making gestures shouting insults/ threats not just to Andy but other club officials and and even towards players wives.

Also the shameful and disgusting abuse written on social media is public record.

Not sure what your issue with Leythers Is but had a Leyther not saved us two years ago we wouldn’t have had a club and the head and assistant coach and many of the players are Leigh based????

17 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

I was a guest upstairs on that day and  personally witnessed so called supporters from below the balcony making gestures shouting insults/ threats not just to Andy but other club officials and and even towards players wives.

Also the shameful and disgusting abuse written on social media is public record.

Not sure what your issue with Leythers Is but had a Leyther not saved us two years ago we wouldn’t have had a club and the head and assistant coach and many of the players are Leigh based????

Good Morning Andy

I have to be honest Rampant Lion and Gandalf sound very much like ex Board members. The abuse that was being claimed will have been on a tiny scale considering the enormity of the plans that were proposed.

I heard a few chants which were to be expected but the fans were great. Everyone was blamed for the demise of the previous Board, the fans, Supporters Trust, Mayor and Pride Builder.

If the Board try again else where stay off social media and accept the criticism that comes with Sport and fans having their say.

32 minutes ago, ste 81 said:

I have to be honest Rampant Lion and Gandalf sound very much like ex Board members. The abuse that was being claimed will have been on a tiny scale considering the enormity of the plans that were proposed.

I heard a few chants which were to be expected but the fans were great. Everyone was blamed for the demise of the previous Board, the fans, Supporters Trust, Mayor and Pride Builder.

If the Board try again else where stay off social media and accept the criticism that comes with Sport and fans having their say.

I’m not a Successful businessman nor would I put my hard earned business funds into a struggling RL club decades past its sell by date with a few hundred fans. Just because I support the former board, respect what they did and recognise what a mess we we are without them doesn’t make me a board member or mouthpiece for anyone.

I am allowed an opinion on a public forum and my opinion is clear and based on fact. History will show we pushed away the best thing that had happened to the club in many many years.

Those who behaved the way they did from Mr Mayor to local Councillors who only give a toss when there is some publicity and votes to be gained for them to the Trust and Pride Builder management who failed to back the board right the way down to loud mouthed keyboard warriors......... you will sadly get what you deserve now and the ball is now in all of you self harming people’s court.

Enjoy rattling those buckets ??

Archived