Anybody have ideas what happens next.

Julianccaine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one wants the club to fail

Some were disappointed by the proposed name change and then some of us are now disappointed by the failure to change... And the loss of the board.

It is what it is though. Personally I'm just struggling to be positive about where the club is going.

A lot of good people are working hard, I know, - I hope it is enough

6 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

"We" ??

What's with the constant facetious bucket comments? You've said it 4 times now. 

So you aren't a fan anymore then?

Why? You made the point once, I don't get why a "fan" would continue to say this.

Your writing style, placement and use of emojis and constant repeat rhetoric gives you up....

……...(Awaits obligatory "keyboard warrior" jibe)

If the shoe fits....

4 minutes ago, gandalf said:

I don't get why they would tbh. At the moment we pay into their coffers. If they owned us, we would be taking money out..

Am I missing something ?

Newcastle Falcons RUFC own Newcastle Thunder.And Thunder use Kingston Park like we use Heywood Road.

I would think that there will be separate limited companies for the Union club and League club,either with the same directors or different ones.

Hence why I suggest that the same might happen here.I could of course be wrong.

I just want things to be right here so we can move on.

Maybe they could get rid of duplication in back room roles etc and they would not have to pay to use a ground they own so could probably run Swinton for a lot less than currently happens, I know that means they lose Swinton rent for playing but that would be partly offset by savings across the back room staff something along the lines of newcastle rl/union teams.

Controversial

Question: do you think the RFL offered any financial incentive to the old board to rebrand ?

Or did the old board just see an opportunity with the world cup around the corner ?

If there was an incentive would that still be on offer to new owners ? It's the only way I can see that anyone would want to buy us.

5 hours ago, gandalf said:

Controversial

Question: do you think the RFL offered any financial incentive to the old board to rebrand ?

Or did the old board just see an opportunity with the world cup around the corner ?

If there was an incentive would that still be on offer to new owners ? It's the only way I can see that anyone would want to buy us.

I would not have been surprised if sweeteners were offered to the old board to rebrand to Manchester Lions.

Now of course this is only my personal opinion I would not be surprised if the same incentives and sweetneers are still on offer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived