Anybody have ideas what happens next.

Julianccaine

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I asked a few pages back (tongue in cheek) what the plan was to make the club grow assuming -

- stay playing in Sale

- stay using the Swinton name

I guess it's about survival now but I would be interested in anyone's ideas. 

It's been a bit of an echo chamber on this site for a while...but as we've now be joined by a few others thought it's worth asking again.

Another question - if we could not afford to stay at Heywood Rd after next season where could we operate from ? 

7 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

I’m not Andy or any of the former board and am most certainly not your mate.

I bet that with the number 59 in your title you were either born in 1959 or you are 59.

Andy Mazey is neither 59 nor born in 1959 so how people think you are him I don’t understand.

3 hours ago, gandalf said:

Problem is Koukash would want to rebrand too. Didn't he want to do that with Salford ?

Yes he did and in fairness Salford fans were right to reject it as the place(pre 1974 boundaries) is a city in itself that ran itself independently of the then Lancashire County Council same as Manchester and many other big enough towns that now make up Greater Manchester.

Now if Koukash did decide he wanted this club then he would almost certainly want to do the rebrand and he would insist on it.No doubt whatsoever.

Oh and I just read koukash wants back into RL. Anyone got his number ?

Seriously what was all that about with him and us a few years back. It was weird . I went to the meeting with the guy and he sounded plausible but then ...nowt.

I recall that meeting.He wanted to build a stadium just behind the Town Hall but because it was a former school sporting field,there were caveats against building other things on former educational land.And of course there is now a school there.

Besides even if a stadium could have been built the residents would have opposed it,and more than likely would have won their case anyway.

I think I asked a few pages back (tongue in cheek) what the plan was to make the club grow assuming -

- stay playing in Sale

It's been a bit of an echo chamber on this site for a while...but as we've now be joined by a few others thought it's worth asking again.

Another question - if we could not afford to stay at Heywood Rd after next season where could we operate from ? 

Might be a long shot,a very long shot but I would not be surprised if Sale FC decided to step in and buy the Swinton Lions licence or the club as they are cash rich.

If they did then no doubt they would change the on field name to Manchester Lions.

And I understand that Newcastle Falcons RU Club own and run Newcastle Thunder RLFC so it would not be unique.

7 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I bet that with the number 59 in your title you were either born in 1959 or you are 59.

Andy Mazey is neither 59 nor born in 1959 so how people think you are him I don’t understand.

Correct Gas Man and at 60 years of age I am pretty capable of making up my own mind on what’s happening in-front of my eyes.

It seems anyone talking reality in here is labelled as a former board member or the former Chairmen. Knowing them all from their time at our club I doubt any of them even read these pages let alone have time to comment. 

11 hours ago, gandalf said:

Julian, I understand your desire to be back in Swinton. That would be one way forward but I can't see in what reality that will happen tbh. Lots of broken promises and no money to do it 

We would all love to be back in Swinton. How long do we live in a bubble and keep dreaming while the thing is dying in front of us though? 

11 hours ago, gandalf said:

- stay playing in Sale

I’d imagine within 18/24 months we will be back in League One playing at Sedgley. 

The club is surviving on RFL distributions essentially SKY TV money. 

For those who say we didn’t get told this or that and say we didn’t have time to understand Andy and the board went into Graphic detail in many press articles, programme notes and even on TV and a radio over many months about the need for change. 

Some people think it’s scare mongering but it’s clear from what’s being said not just at our club massive change is on the horizon and the sport is in a mess. Our ex board had the foresight to try and best place our club for the tough times ahead.

The Swinton and proud is great we all love our club, so is the rallying and bucket rattling but we are only delaying the inevitable all to keep the name of a town we haven’t been in for three decades.

10 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

I’d imagine within 18/24 months we will be back in League One playing at Sedgley. 

The club is surviving on RFL distributions essentially SKY TV money. 

For those who say we didn’t get told this or that and say we didn’t have time to understand Andy and the board went into detail over many months as to the need for change. 

Some people thing it’s scare mongering but it’s clear from what’s being said not just at our club massive change is on the horizon and our ex board had the foresight to try and best place our club.

The Swinton and proud is great, so is the rallying and bucket rallying but we are only delaying the inevitable.

I am inclined to agree.I think you can only go so far with rallying and rattling the bucket because one day people will not be able to put any more in and it will also simply just not be enough.

And let’s say there are about 500 hard core fans,realistically in order for the club to survive and prosper each fan would need to put in say about a ball park figure of £1000-£1500 each year.And that simply will not happen as the majority of fans will not be able to afford it.

16 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

It’s all public record and well documented.

As fans we all know exactly what happened and what we are now left with and the ones surfacing on here today are likely the same few who helped create this mess on Facebook. 

Anyway onwards with the buckets and bingo ?

"We" ??

What's with the constant facetious bucket comments? You've said it 4 times now. 

So you aren't a fan anymore then?

Why? You made the point once, I don't get why a "fan" would continue to say this.

Your writing style, placement and use of emojis and constant repeat rhetoric gives you up....

……...(Awaits obligatory "keyboard warrior" jibe)

2 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I am inclined to agree.I think you can only go so far with rallying and rattling the bucket because one day people will not be able to put any more in and it will also simply just not be enough.

And let’s say there are about 500 hard core fans,realistically in order for the club to survive and prosper each fan would need to put in say about a ball park figure of £1000-£1500 each year.And that simply will not happen as the majority of fans will not be able to afford it.

Serious question...……………...

Do you fancy Andy Mazey?

Archived