Without loop fixtures

Wigan Today (and maybe associated newspapers) list the final league table without loop fixtures. Hull FC finish 2nd. Wire 3rd, Wigan 4th, Salford 5th.

Cas 7th...

London still last. (Wakey still above Leeds)

Its not clear if that includes Magic.  I wonder what would affect magic point. The article might well make its way into the Hull Daily Mail...

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my aunt and she would also have some balls.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Utterly meaningless, without the loop fixtures the other results wouldn't be the same, the amount of variables that change are massive so there is no way you can take the home/away fixture results as being absolutes if the loop games were not played.

41 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Utterly meaningless, without the loop fixtures the other results wouldn't be the same, the amount of variables that change are massive so there is no way you can take the home/away fixture results as being absolutes if the loop games were not played.

All very fair points, but the differences are still there!  But the loop fixtures are a bit hit and miss, pot luck.  Will the final table make some fixture changes to what the games will be next season. Will it be "easier" for Warrington and harder for Salford for instance.

And without loop fixtures teams would have to focus more. Its interesting nevertheless surely for Hull fans and not least Cas'.

Take out the stupid golden point results also.

What if Warrington had not been in CC Final?

What a pile of carp. Clubs know the rules at the start, just let them get on with doing what they need to do.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Loop fixtures are fine as long as they are distributed in a systematic, consistent way.

The NFL has the best structure for their non-divisional games: Some are based on a systematic rotation between divisions and some are based on the previous year's standings which helps to promote parity.

A balance between geographic or traditional rivalries to promote the league's historical and similar strength teams from the previous system to promote parity works best, IMO.

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

All very fair points, but the differences are still there!  But the loop fixtures are a bit hit and miss, pot luck.  Will the final table make some fixture changes to what the games will be next season. Will it be "easier" for Warrington and harder for Salford for instance.

And without loop fixtures teams would have to focus more. Its interesting nevertheless surely for Hull fans and not least Cas'.

The differences are not still there because they do not exist, it is a fabrication extrapolated using false logic, you cannot remove the games played and then state these are the results based on x games being played, each and every one of those results that remain would have a different outcome if those other games were not played. ALL of them. it's a load of disingenuous nonsense that has zero bearing whatsoever.

I'm not for one instance saying we should bin off the loop fixtures, I think we should, and bin off 'magic' as well, yet another contrived load of bunk that has failed miserably at the expense to clubs financial income and indeed has a negative effect on the CC. However pulling crud out their arris as the Wigan rag has just outs the reporter as clueless and writes meaningless drivel, it makes no point whatsoever.

I think this is great I finally found a reason to like loop fixtures if they mean Salford were third not fifth. In which case I'm not arguing against them anymore. In fact I'm starting a campaign for more looping as of now.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

I think this is great I finally found a reason to like loop fixtures if they mean Salford were third not fifth. In which case I'm not arguing against them anymore. In fact I'm starting a campaign for more looping as of now.

I think we should just play Warrington 29 times, Oxford. We would be top of the league.

18 hours ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

The differences are not still there because they do not exist, it is a fabrication extrapolated using false logic, you cannot remove the games played and then state these are the results based on x games being played, each and every one of those results that remain would have a different outcome if those other games were not played. ALL of them. it's a load of disingenuous nonsense that has zero bearing whatsoever.

I'm not for one instance saying we should bin off the loop fixtures, I think we should, and bin off 'magic' as well, yet another contrived load of bunk that has failed miserably at the expense to clubs financial income and indeed has a negative effect on the CC. However pulling crud out their arris as the Wigan rag has just outs the reporter as clueless and writes meaningless drivel, it makes no point whatsoever.

Ha ha.  But of course it is only a what if. The list is there for all to see.

In terms of the loop fixtures, we need to abolish them as soon as possible and I do agree with you about Magic. Can the game afford to support 14 teams.  Interestingly if we were to increase  the number beyond 14, then we might have to have erm...reverse loops.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Easier surely as nobody would have to go there twice in the league?

But somebody wouldn't be going there at all either , I put on the other thread , the loop fixtures work well for Toronto in SL 

They play their loops first , away game first , then home and away , ' home ' games at Championship grounds in Lancs or York's , using say LSV , Widnes , Fax and York , then an away game takes them into mid April when Lamport is available , each other SL team then only has one visit to Canada , play their games in groups of 2 and the travel works out equal for everybody including Toronto 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

But somebody wouldn't be going there at all either , I put on the other thread , the loop fixtures work well for Toronto in SL 

They play their loops first , away game first , then home and away , ' home ' games at Championship grounds in Lancs or York's , using say LSV , Widnes , Fax and York , then an away game takes them into mid April when Lamport is available , each other SL team then only has one visit to Canada , play their games in groups of 2 and the travel works out equal for everybody including Toronto 

Good point. I’d like to see Toronto play their early home games somewhere warmer in North America though, somewhere like Jacksonville or Tampa where RL is already played. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Good point. I’d like to see Toronto play their early home games somewhere warmer in North America though, somewhere like Jacksonville or Tampa where RL is already played. 

But that does involve those opponents travelling across the pond , if they're played as I suggest then no other clubs have an issue 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

But that does involve those opponents travelling across the pond , if they're played as I suggest then no other clubs have an issue 

Yeah but if they did that everyone would have to travel over once and we wouldn’t need loop fixtures, which really are a terrible idea for a number of reasons.

Most people seem to favour a 14 team super league now (which would be great imho), other than John Wilkin who thinks 10 is a good idea. 

Archived