Hunslet Play Off Eliminator

Cumberland Sausage

15 minutes ago, dkw said:

No, because I hope we aren't let down by a player not turning up next week. You don't seem too happy we won. 

I don’t think you get the point we play a second row on the wing and get lucky but it’s a great decision we are just very lucky we played Hunslet and not Newcastle because the result might not have been the same and yea I am happy we won by the way 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I don’t think you get the point we play a second row on the wing and get lucky but it’s a great decision we are just very lucky we played Hunslet and not Newcastle because the result might not have been the same and yea I am happy we won by the way 

But what else can we do when a player let's us down? We have 19 to pick from, a player doesn't turn up so we have to make do. There's been times when that complaint was legitimate about our squad and taking 14/15 players, but not this time. 

Just now, dkw said:

But what else can we do when a player let's us down? We have 19 to pick from, a player doesn't turn up so we have to make do. There's been times when that complaint was legitimate about our squad and taking 14/15 players, but not this time. 

Couldn't Lancaster have played on the wing?

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

We had Calvin in the 19 and Also Tyler was on the bench who could have covered on the wing 

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

It was Young marwood on bench but didnt get on, no mention of lancaster or wellington

I think it’s about time the club announced the we’re abouts off a few players then because this is why fans get ###### off because there are players named in the 19 or match day squad and no intention off playing them 

2 minutes ago, town2018 said:

I think it’s about time the club announced the we’re abouts off a few players then because this is why fans get ###### off because there are players named in the 19 or match day squad and no intention off playing them 

Club can announce who they want, i prefer to concentrate on the 17 that play . 

Great result so lets celebrate that and leave selection to those that get paid for it and who are far more qualified than us

2 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Not used as Blain, maybe too close for coach to risk?

Surprised we didn’t use Blain as he’s a threat in Tyler’s case be hard to justify changing the back line to get him on the field

wright should be unavailable for thunder next week which is a big boost Donny done to them what they did to us 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

3 minutes ago, Onreport said:

I think that’s his point . Players are named obviously due to necessity on match days but sometimes just to fill numbers . This must stop moving forward if we’re to progress at the business end as it’s to much of a recurring theme . Running short or filling square holes with round pegs . It makes achievements like this really good but you can’t keep fighting restricted like this 

Wright tore us to bits last time and was head and shoulders best player on the pitch. 

It should not take any shine away from the result and top performance today. But with no updates from the club regarding a number of players, its left to this forum to speculate on what's happening. Mellor, olstrum, lancaster, Wellington, the DR situation. Miller/fieldhouse updates. 

Just now, townie88 said:

Wright tore us to bits last time and was head and shoulders best player on the pitch. 

It should not take any shine away from the result and top performance today. But with no updates from the club regarding a number of players, its left to this forum to speculate on what's happening. Mellor, olstrum, lancaster, Wellington, the DR situation. Miller/fieldhouse updates. 

Cronulla Shark and Cowboy , that’s a hell of a pick up

3 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Great result so lets celebrate that and leave selection to those that get paid for it and who are far more qualified than us

Yea the club can announce who they want and fair play to the lads that take to the field for us and a massive well done to Gordon for putting a fair display in a unfamiliar position but we seem to be in the same position every season biggest games off the year and we can’t field a full team 

Excellent second half especially to keep them scoreless. We could really do with a bit of luck in getting 17 fit players in the line up as the other lads are really having to do it tough. But they are getting the job done and we can't ask for any more of the players on the park.

It looks like Donny's defence has won them the game again at Newcastle. Maybe they didn't get enough credit for how they played aginst us.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

34 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Yea the club can announce who they want and fair play to the lads that take to the field for us and a massive well done to Gordon for putting a fair display in a unfamiliar position but we seem to be in the same position every season biggest games off the year and we can’t field a full team 

Fair point mate, too often

51 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Maybe because clubs have to name 19 or they get fined .

Great result with a depleted squad. Some people are too ready to condemn without knowing the facts. Who knows why Scotty was absent?  The lad came back from an injury that would have prompted many to call it a day and he still runs it back strong like it never happened. If this is true then it pales into insignificance compared to the amount of slack we have all cut for Karl Olstrum- me included. If Rookie did indeed fail to show then it would be a first as far as l am aware whereas Karl is a serial offender. 

Don't know the nuts and bolts of why players are not turning up, but if it's just that they can't be arsed they should be shown the door, sponsors are paying good money to sponsor these players if they can't be bothered ta ta. Again they could have good reason not to turn up who knows. 

But to the ones that did we are proud of you, well done again. 

1 hour ago, townie88 said:

There was a twitter exchange from Chris Thorman advising Tyllar had left, Olstrom who knows but hardly just this set up who has struggled to know what's going on in his life. 

Lancaster was on the bench and when he got injured at North Wales it was said it was a suspected broken collar bone, Wellington got helped off lawt week so i presume he wasn't right to take the field. 

DR allows the club to select anyone who had played a certain number of games by a cut off point so presumably that would only mean Sam Hewitt who has been in the Huddersfield squad alot, hence not available for Town. 

Fieldhouse leg was operated on and he's been all over Facebook saying how he's getting on, he was also on radio. Cumbria last week saying he hoped to be back for pre season, Elliot Miller had major shoulder surgery which they said at the time was season ending. 

Ive picked up these things by just following the various outlets for news. 

Yes maybe it could be more often but its not exactly not being disclosed. 

Archived