Hunslet Play Off Eliminator

Cumberland Sausage

18 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

There was a twitter exchange from Chris Thorman advising Tyllar had left, Olstrom who knows but hardly just this set up who has struggled to know what's going on in his life. 

Lancaster was on the bench and when he got injured at North Wales it was said it was a suspected broken collar bone, Wellington got helped off lawt week so i presume he wasn't right to take the field. 

DR allows the club to select anyone who had played a certain number of games by a cut off point so presumably that would only mean Sam Hewitt who has been in the Huddersfield squad alot, hence not available for Town. 

Fieldhouse leg was operated on and he's been all over Facebook saying how he's getting on, he was also on radio. Cumbria last week saying he hoped to be back for pre season, Elliot Miller had major shoulder surgery which they said at the time was season ending. 

Ive picked up these things by just following the various outlets for news. 

Yes maybe it could be more often but its not exactly not being disclosed. 

Sorry. But a personal twitter feed, a personal Facebook page etc isn't the best way for some to follow the updates. 

No doubt we will be short on numbers again next week. But I'm sure the lads will do themselves proud as always.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Sorry. But a personal twitter feed, a personal Facebook page etc isn't the best way for some to follow the updates. 

No doubt we will be short on numbers again next week. But I'm sure the lads will do themselves proud as always.

If your referring to Ryan then is Radio Cumbria not an official news feed then.? 

Suppose f you're looking to find fault you'll find it. 

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

I don’t think you get the point we play a second row on the wing and get lucky but it’s a great decision we are just very lucky we played Hunslet and not Newcastle because the result might not have been the same and yea I am happy we won by the way 

We? Your a haven supporter filling our forum with things we don’t need after an outstanding run away to Hunslet. Celebrate the win, the dream is still alive . Utt . The negativity on here is amazing sometimes

1 minute ago, Townie987 said:

We? Your a haven supporter filling our forum with things we don’t need after an outstanding run away to Hunslet. Celebrate the win, the dream is still alive . Utt . The negativity on here is amazing sometimes

Yet another person because I have unpopular opinion I get called a haven fan but how are we meant to be happy and excited about the prospect off winning these play off games when we can’t even fill a full 17 in the most important games off the year 

3 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Yet another person because I have unpopular opinion I get called a haven fan but how are we meant to be happy and excited about the prospect off winning these play off games when we can’t even fill a full 17 in the most important games off the year 

So your not happy and excited that we won? 

Good result today at hunslet, penky and moi moi we're on top form,are right hand side defence needs to improve,looked shakey all afternoon, Bolton did well at full back,as for marwood his time will come penky waz having a top game so why bring him off,subs are there for when you need them.good win town.

40 minutes ago, town2018 said:

No I’m not excited at the prospect off gaining promotion this season as we can’t field a full 17 players in the most important gains off the year 

If we were able to gain promotion from the position we are in I’d be extremely excited. Rather than slagging the club off for not being able to field 17 why not offer a bit of praise to those players who took to the field and to those at the club who have chosen to employ a top class coach for the next 3 years. A coach who addressed this very issue in his interview on Friday night and will no doubt bring a new level of professionalism to the club when he starts pre season. Let’s just enjoy, that once again, we’ve managed a victory when the odds were stacked against us. Like Chris Thorman has tweeted that he’s a very proud coach, I’m a very proud fan. UTT

31 minutes ago, Town5 said:

If he ain't good enough why sign him

Blain was signed as a hooker/half-back. He needs to bulk up somewhat but the lack of stature never stopped his dad being a Town legend and given the right guidance his son will turn out to be a shrewd signing. Quite why you think it is clever to suggest playing him on the wing defies all logic. 

1 minute ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Blain was signed as a hooker/half-back. He needs to bulk up somewhat but the lack of stature never stopped his dad being a Town legend and given the right guidance his son will turn out to be a shrewd signing. Quite why you think it is clever to suggest playing him on the wing defies all logic. 

One thing I’ve noticed in the snippets I’ve seen of him is his support play is good ... wonder where he gets that from ?

2 hours ago, town2018 said:

Yea the club can announce who they want and fair play to the lads that take to the field for us and a massive well done to Gordon for putting a fair display in a unfamiliar position but we seem to be in the same position every season biggest games off the year and we can’t field a full team 

Still win tho eh? And who’s this we?

Just now, Seaton Sandy said:

Maulding was signed as a second row forward wasn't he?? Blain has pace to burn can tackle as heart can break a tackle good footwork  has played fullback before sounds like a good option to me 

6 minutes ago, Town5 said:

Maulding was signed as a second row forward wasn't he?? Blain has pace to burn can tackle as heart can break a tackle good footwork  has played fullback before sounds like a good option to me 

At this level young Marwood is still feeling his way and Thorman has recognised that by not putting him on for big minutes. In the cameos that he has enjoyed he has shown that he is a born poacher by supporting the line-breakers at every opportunity. 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

It’s not that you’ve unpopular opinions it’s more you’ve nothing positive to say always a negative 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

No I’m not excited at the prospect off gaining promotion this season as we can’t field a full 17 players in the most important gains off the year 

So the fact that we won with what you imply was a scratch side doesn't elicit any positive feedback from you?  We were iffy in the first half but bossed the last 40 minutes and came away with the win. To borrow a phrase from elsewhere if you are a true Town fan then l am a banana............

Just now, Chrome Dome said:

Do you stand alone on the 'popular end' Sandy....or are there a bunch of you ?????

Oh, and yes, young Marwood is much too slight for a winger at present.

Was he to slight for hooker the other week when he run a few trys in? 

3 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

There was a twitter exchange from Chris Thorman advising Tyllar had left, Olstrom who knows but hardly just this set up who has struggled to know what's going on in his life. 

Lancaster was on the bench and when he got injured at North Wales it was said it was a suspected broken collar bone, Wellington got helped off lawt week so i presume he wasn't right to take the field. 

DR allows the club to select anyone who had played a certain number of games by a cut off point so presumably that would only mean Sam Hewitt who has been in the Huddersfield squad alot, hence not available for Town. 

Fieldhouse leg was operated on and he's been all over Facebook saying how he's getting on, he was also on radio. Cumbria last week saying he hoped to be back for pre season, Elliot Miller had major shoulder surgery which they said at the time was season ending. 

Ive picked up these things by just following the various outlets for news. 

Yes maybe it could be more often but its not exactly not being disclosed. 

With Huddersfields season now over hopefully we can get Sam Hewitt back if he is not injured.

4 hours ago, town2018 said:

There was 17 on the team sheet and on the bench? 

Archived