Doncaster next sunday

ChampagneCharlieReturns

Good performance again without being superb. Controlled the game very well aside from a 5 min spell in the first half where they scored.

Individually I thought Hewitt, Joy and Hawkyard were superb. Hewitt has been cracking for the last 6 weeks controlling the team but also taking on the line when necessary as shown with his try. Hawkyard kept up his super season whilst that was Phil's best game since he did his shoulder in 2017.

Of the rest Whittel kept up his excellent end of the season and scored a really important try again. Langtree very good as usual but I didn't think worthy of MOTM. McComb and Leeming did plenty of work again in the centres.

Enjoy another week off then ready for one last massive game.

A month in France followed by a trip to Australia for my daughter's wedding means that this was the first match I have seen for some time.  An excellent performance and I agree that the score flattered Doncaster.  22 - 6 was a better indicator.  As for the crowd, sadly that is down to the ground and the weather.  It's a depressing stadium at best and in the rain even more so.  Sadly, the weather was at its worst around the time that locals would be making up their mind on whether to go down or not.  Indeed it was due to my 13 year old son's insistence that we were there.  Glad he persuaded me.

sadly steve  you are bang on the weather forecast was shocking to say the least. my mate is a amputee does not miss a home game but his partner stopped him going today. but reading the team Doncaster put out I feared the worst several hull players in it a fantastic win by any standards. a have raised a glass to the team and all the supporters that went

17 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Good performance again without being superb. Controlled the game very well aside from a 5 min spell in the first half where they scored.

Individually I thought Hewitt, Joy and Hawkyard were superb. Hewitt has been cracking for the last 6 weeks controlling the team but also taking on the line when necessary as shown with his try. Hawkyard kept up his super season whilst that was Phil's best game since he did his shoulder in 2017.

Of the rest Whittel kept up his excellent end of the season and scored a really important try again. Langtree very good as usual but I didn't think worthy of MOTM. McComb and Leeming did plenty of work again in the centres.

Enjoy another week off then ready for one last massive game.

Bridge was motm it was wrongly announced as langtree

Stats-

Hawkyard-2 tackles. 2 tackle busts. 22 carries=187m

Kay-3 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. 12 carries=79m

McComb-18 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. 13 carries=116m

Leeming-20 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 14 carries=121m

Johnson-2 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle busts. 14 carries=71m

Crook-8 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one try assist. 3 carries=11m

Hewitt-14 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 6 carries=21m

Joy-25 tackles. 16 carries=115m

Owen-26 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 2 carries=2m

Law-23 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=71m

Bridge-27 tackles. one miss. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 18 carries=136m

Langtree-36 tackles. 3 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=79m

Bent-50 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 10 carries=38m

subs

Wilkinson-23 tackles. 2 misses. 10 carries=56m

Spencer-22 tackles. 2 misses. 14 carries=116m

Beckett-8 tackles. one tackle bust. 7 carries=44m

Whittel-32 tackles. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=97m

Archived