It Is Ours TO LOSE!

Kayakman

Well...Toulouse is up.  I say Miloudi has earned a starting position at center just because everyone wants a crack at his testicles (that means they are trying to slow him down...we all know how it works...drains the energy right out of a man!!!). We have to have the big fast forwards so Lussick and Olbison and Springer for sure.  Let them ram straight ahead.

We need to control the game and tackle well...none of this second and third phase stuff...we know that is how they open things up.

Ford must be hit hard and often.

It is ours TO LOSE!

A Championship coach on backchat said that he thinks the WP are disadvantaged by having teams sending over under strength sides. Then at the playoffs the WP have to lift as it that point the best Championship teams are coming over and at full strength. I hadn’t thought of that but I don’t think it should matter much if the WP are mentally ready and well drilled. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

A Championship coach on backchat said that he thinks the WP are disadvantaged by having teams sending over under strength sides. Then at the playoffs the WP have to lift as it that point the best Championship teams are coming over and at full strength. I hadn’t thought of that but I don’t think it should matter much if the WP are mentally ready and well drilled. 

With Big Mac at the helm I think he won't let the team take it easy, our boys will be ready for a full strength Toulouse. Also they brought in Wilkin to help get some steel into the players mentality, if anything go's  south we don't implode. Play the full 80 and stay cool. last year we would always get into dumb penalties if things weren't going our way, was across the team but Bussey especially.  I agree that Toulouse are a big threat but lickily if we do loose again to them we have another chance to get to the final and set things right.

I expect a close affair and us winning by 8 to 10 points.

Also I think we should release our Frenchman against them because he's a monster on the pitch!

On 16/09/2019 at 12:20, RobertAM said:

I think we will win handily. The away loss was an anomaly...we have their number now.

I agree, Toulouse don't have the power in the engine room upfront.  It's been their achilles heel all season.  Run hard and straight down their throats.  Keep the ball tight for the first little bit and let our forwards wear them down.

9 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

I agree, Toulouse don't have the power in the engine room upfront.  It's been their achilles heel all season.  Run hard and straight down their throats.  Keep the ball tight for the first little bit and let our forwards wear them down.

Bring out the muscle and hit them hard...like the Lakers did to the Shamrocks.

They key will be completing sets, no silly penalties and let Ricky, Liam, Chase and Matty run them all over the field. They are a good team but we are a great team. We would take half the SL..and we will in 2020!

3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

They key will be completing sets, no silly penalties and let Ricky, Liam, Chase and Matty run them all over the field. They are a good team but we are a great team. We would take half the SL..and we will in 2020!

We better be ready to play from the opening whistle....I really don't know if we are as good as they are in open field broken play...we best them in everything else though.   That means we want a controlled game.

9 hours ago, RobertAM said:

attendance 9325    well superleague?  

That's a terrific gate.Lots in SL would  give their high teeth for attendances like that.Don't think others in the race for SL could match that figure.Just hope you make it.

8 hours ago, frank said:

That's a terrific gate.Lots in SL would  give their high teeth for attendances like that.Don't think others in the race for SL could match that figure.Just hope you make it.

we will.and in front of an even fuller house on October 5th.

Archived