Fev at home Playoffs

HarrogateKnights

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well  played fev, much the better team today. We hung in there first half but were running on empty for the last 30mins. Good luck to em in France, it should be a good contest.

Looking forward to 2020 now, great to read all the positive news in program today. 

Crack on Kneets!

Thank you York for bringing the championship to life this season. You and your fans your coach and board have done fantastic. Dont let this defeat leave you downhearted. You came up against an in form Fev side. Your fans are a credit to your club. Your captain Tim Spears is a credit to the game. If Fev fail to reach Super League then at least we will continue what looks like being a very healthy rivalry. You have rightly been the team of the year.

3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

It’s been a marathon effort. Don’t know how Liam Harris got man of the match, not that he did much wrong just thought Matty Marsh kept us in the game in the first half. Just weren’t at the races today but it’s been a great season and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Too many knock ons, Fev did a good job closing down our halves but deserved the win.

On a side note before the league fixture vs Featherstone the volunteers were asked if any fancied joining Fev fans who were doing a charity walk from Featherstone to York in aid of both clubs foundations. I put my name forward but despite repeat requests never received any info, still a mystery if the walk actually went ahead. Well today I’ve nearly matched it....up at 5am, a 2.5 mile walk down the A64 to the closest bus stop (Askham Bar Park + Ride) for a bus that can get me to work for 7am. Find out at 7.30am my 11 mile post round has become a 16 mile round as my van partner has called in sick so I have to cover his side as well great...I was already up against it as there’s a bike race going through Riccall meaning after 11am I can’t get round in the van. Power walk it round, get back to York just after 2pm, quick drink in Brew York (please can we hook up with these guys and get their stuff in the new stadium?!), hotfoot across town through Walmgate street market and sidestepping tourists. Get to Bootham just before kickoff, then after clapping the players off the pitch for the efforts this season back on the bus with a few Fev fans back to Askham Bar and a mere 2.5 mile walk home. 

I’m sure Postman Pat never had to do all this......

10AFCF21-2D09-41CD-9945-1738964083F2.png

Brew York is a brilliant  idea....

Well played this season york overachieved in many people's eyes this year you met a very good fev side yesterday no shame in the result. 

Next year be tougher has you'll be on more teams radars next time round. Play offs be even tougher for us all next year too reach which only be good for the game. 

Look forward to our rivalry again next year at your new ground.

Firstly well done to a Fev. A great result and just one game away from SL. If they achieve the unthinkable that’s where the hard work will start. They are expected to lose their coach to Leeds, and one of their high profile D/R players, Ashton Golding, is expected to sign for Huddersfield. Also, will their D/R arrangement continue if they are in the same league as the Rhinos? Whilst generating a great deal of excitement, and providing a route to the top flight, the play offs are not the best way of preparing for life in Super League. But we all know SL sides like it that way.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Have to say, take nothing away from Fev and well done to them but Toulouse produced a really dumb performance for a playoff game. Two terrible last play options handed Fev crucial tries, one just as Toulouse looked like getting back on terms. That coupled with some really shoddy defending.... and how did Locky not get a nomination for Championship Player of the Year ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2019 at 20:20, AB Knight said:

It’s been a marathon effort. Don’t know how Liam Harris got man of the match, not that he did much wrong just thought Matty Marsh kept us in the game in the first half. Just weren’t at the races today but it’s been a great season and I wouldn’t change it for the world. Too many knock ons, Fev did a good job closing down our halves but deserved the win.

On a side note before the league fixture vs Featherstone the volunteers were asked if any fancied joining Fev fans who were doing a charity walk from Featherstone to York in aid of both clubs foundations. I put my name forward but despite repeat requests never received any info, still a mystery if the walk actually went ahead. Well today I’ve nearly matched it....up at 5am, a 2.5 mile walk down the A64 to the closest bus stop (Askham Bar Park + Ride) for a bus that can get me to work for 7am. Find out at 7.30am my 11 mile post round has become a 16 mile round as my van partner has called in sick so I have to cover his side as well great...I was already up against it as there’s a bike race going through Riccall meaning after 11am I can’t get round in the van. Power walk it round, get back to York just after 2pm, quick drink in Brew York (please can we hook up with these guys and get their stuff in the new stadium?!), hotfoot across town through Walmgate street market and sidestepping tourists. Get to Bootham just before kickoff, then after clapping the players off the pitch for the efforts this season back on the bus with a few Fev fans back to Askham Bar and a mere 2.5 mile walk home. 

I’m sure Postman Pat never had to do all this......

10AFCF21-2D09-41CD-9945-1738964083F2.png

This firm will be operating the hospitality and bars at the new stadium , they have history in York.

-

https://cgceventcaterers.co.uk/sectors/sports/case-study/

have e-mailed them to ask if they could look to our local brewers , and others on our doorstep when deciding what ales , lagers/ciders will be available.

Archived