9s World Cup Squads

Tommygilf

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3283760481641889&id=123699247648044

A good core of SL players there. 9s is a big opportunity for the likes of France, Wales etc. who struggle to compete in the full 80 minute 13 a side version to progress far. Hopefully the tournemant and format evolves going forward.

7 minutes ago, Nate90 said:

I can't wait for this tournament.

Me neither! I think it has real potential. I'd like SL to perhaps look at implementing a pre season version of the 9s even if it was in a holiday type warm weather destination rather than the UK.

5 minutes ago, Nate90 said:

Excellent idea Tommy.I wonder how the coaches will approach the games in terms of training and tactics bearing in mind they are so used to thirteen  a side?

I think some won't have a clue (which will make it more interesting!), others will see that the difference between 9s and 13s is far less than for example 7s and 15s in t'other code. I also think some players would really shine in 9s even more than usual.  

Reagan Grace could be a match winner for Wales.

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

I've said got ages that we should have 3 9s weekends, preseason somewhere warm, mid season england, late/post season France 

It doesnt have to be massive but as long as it gets close to washing its face it would be a great development tool

I think there is an argument for that. I'd prefer internationals mid and post season personally, but in preseason there is an opportunity that would also be beneficial to the clubs (as opposed to playing pre season friendlies) in terms of development and preparation for the season.

Archived