Danny Tickle

ChunkyOnion

One match penalty notice

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

What's he got that for? I wonder if we can get Sam Hewitt back. 

The usual Red Hall agenda. I have no doubt who they prefer to go up with the jam. Thunder already awarded the World Cup games that should have been ours before the sabotage of the new stadium by Mark "Gervais" Jenkinson and his acolytes. Newcastle have a proper stadium and tick many boxes as far as the RFL are concerned. Be interesting to see who they appoint as ref at Kingston Park. I'll be there to see us roll them over against the odds! UTT!  

41 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Oh well we usually win with 14 !!

Might struggle to get that. In Chris Thorman interview after the game yesterday he wasn’t to hopeful dec would be playing because of the concussion protocols. Hopefully Wellington will be fit. Wright won’t be playing for Newcastle he’s got a grade D offence which has been referred to a tribunal, although given its the rfl they’ll probably hold the tribunal next week!

10 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Rooke didn't turn up for the bus on Sunday , would rather play with 15 than have him back in the team.

Olstrum was a serial offender in that respect yet many were prepared to keep cutting him slack (including me) to have him in the side. Scotty has apparently blotted his copy-book this weekend which is unprofessional and inexusable but if we are short on numbers - particularly outside backs - then if he has learned his lesson and Thorman agrees then I think he should be given a chance to make amends. Just saying.........

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

What's he got that for? I wonder if we can get Sam Hewitt back. 

Yeh I was gonna say , Huddersfield are done maybe we should  get something out of this deal . They’ve hardly been over accommodating 

The worst contact in the game came from an Hunslet player   , after Boulton got tackled he bounced back off the player  onto the ground,  sitting up dazed   the Hunslet  player came flying in ,diving on top of him with such force ,He rolled Boulton over on to his neck , We could easily have seen a very serious injury . It made me cringe seeing it happen . and I was just glad when he finally got up .  but not even a warning given . 

2 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Olstrum was a serial offender in that respect yet many were prepared to keep cutting him slack (including me) to have him in the side. Scotty has apparently blotted his copy-book this weekend which is unprofessional and inexusable but if we are short on numbers - particularly outside backs - then if he has learned his lesson and Thorman agrees then I think he should be given a chance to make amends. Just saying.........

Fair point ?

2 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

He may become the victim of the club literally being sick of players being unprofessional. 

It would be a shame as I do genuinely think his heart is in it but sometimes enoughs enough. 

To let the club down when it's down to the bare bones is pretty poor. 

But if it's a sign of things to come then sometimes there is line in the sand drawn and a new era starts with a new approach. 

Incredibly bad timing from Rooke, an action he may live to regret. 

44 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

He may become the victim of the club literally being sick of players being unprofessional. 

It would be a shame as I do genuinely think his heart is in it but sometimes enoughs enough. 

To let the club down when it's down to the bare bones is pretty poor. 

But if it's a sign of things to come then sometimes there is line in the sand drawn and a new era starts with a new approach. 

Incredibly bad timing from Rooke, an action he may live to regret. 

Fortunately it's not up to me ,you, or any other supporter to pass judgement on Scott for this episode. When he plays he gives it his all. The consequences of his absence are down to the club, whether in the long or short term. Players frequently stray from the straight and narrow - even in the exalted heights of Super League and NRL. Donny tonked us with input from Rangi Chase who's previous misdemeanors make even Karl Olstrum look saintly. Still, if you and others decide that Scott deserves to be cut adrift then who am l to argue ?  Of course the decision will be taken by those who run the show and not those on this forum. 

6 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Fortunately it's not up to me ,you, or any other supporter to pass judgement on Scott for this episode. When he plays he gives it his all. The consequences of his absence are down to the club, whether in the long or short term. Players frequently stray from the straight and narrow - even in the exalted heights of Super League and NRL. Donny tonked us with input from Rangi Chase who's previous misdemeanors make even Karl Olstrum look saintly. Still, if you and others decide that Scott deserves to be cut adrift then who am l to argue ?  Of course the decision will be taken by those who run the show and not those on this forum. 

Agree with you in some of these thoughts. 

It's a conundrum though SS, one on hand there's the:

Don't train, don't play opinion - if you choose a  professional life and that's the consequence of taking supporters and sponsors good money. 

You get good wages for playing a sport you once trained and played for nothing, you get a better standard of house, car and other of lifes luxuries. 

Then you have the: cut them some slack, it's a hard life brigade but also criticise when we are low on numbers, but in fact it's a second job and if you don't attend your day job there's a consequence, why should playing Rugby be any different. 

Me personally, I'm all for the club being professional and if those players are from out of county, mars, the moon I really don't care as long as they treat the paying public and the profession the respect they deserve. 

Interesting and exciting times at DP. 

2 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Agree with you in some of these thoughts. 

It's a conundrum though SS, one on hand there's the:

Don't train, don't play opinion - if you choose a  professional life and that's the consequence of taking supporters and sponsors good money. 

You get good wages for playing a sport you once trained and played for nothing, you get a better standard of house, car and other of lifes luxuries. 

Then you have the: cut them some slack, it's a hard life brigade but also criticise when we are low on numbers, but in fact it's a second job and if you don't attend your day job there's a consequence, why should playing Rugby be any different. 

Me personally, I'm all for the club being professional and if those players are from out of county, mars, the moon I really don't care as long as they treat the paying public and the profession the respect they deserve. 

Interesting and exciting times at DP. 

In reality though these guys play for buttons. Outside of Super League the rewards for risking life and limb in the ultimate collision sport are paltry. (ironically Rookie came perilously close to paying the penalty for his commitment not too long ago) Look at the obscene salaries in the round ball game and union - the comparison is stark. They are not professional and most have day jobs that they put in jeopardy every time they pull the jersey on. Down in the depths of the lower leagues that's the way it's always been and I have nothing but admiration for those that supply our entertainment, even if they occasionally fall off the wagon.........

Agreed but the occasionally falling off the wagon as a knock on effect like we had when leon was here, there was more people off the wagon than on including the coach near the end!

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

9 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

In reality though these guys play for buttons. Outside of Super League the rewards for risking life and limb in the ultimate collision sport are paltry. (ironically Rookie came perilously close to paying the penalty for his commitment not too long ago) Look at the obscene salaries in the round ball game and union - the comparison is stark. They are not professional and most have day jobs that they put in jeopardy every time they pull the jersey on. Down in the depths of the lower leagues that's the way it's always been and I have nothing but admiration for those that supply our entertainment, even if they occasionally fall off the wagon.........

Two sides to every story aswell of course

11 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I'm not really bothered about the comparison to Union or Football. 

I'm only concerned in seeing the club i support prosper and I'm sorry but they never will if it's ok to skip training, buses or whatever without penalty. 

I'm more concerned that when I pay my entrance money and sponsor a game which invariably helps the club fund the wages of players that they act professionally, respect their teammates, the board and the contracts they sign. 

I too watch the game because of the commitment and discipline shown, but that should be mirrored of it. 

Archived