Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

22 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Oldham v Doncaster KO 2pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Oldham
    • Doncaster

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 13:00

6 hours ago, FearNothing said:

the way they dealt with Thunder at the weekend, I have to agree 🙂

What about the way Oldham dealt with Doncaster just 4 weeks ago...

Oldham 40 - 14 Doncaster

after having beaten Newcastle the week before and then afterwards having won away at Hunslet ?

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

What about the way Oldham dealt with Doncaster just 4 weeks ago...

Oldham 40 - 14 Doncaster

after having beaten Newcastle the week before and then afterwards having won away at Hunslet ?

What about the way Doncaster dealt with Oldham on the previous 2 games? The score at Keepmoat wasn't bad. 

Also beating Hunslet away? Wouldn't bother citing that. Shocking side. Everyone has beaten them there.

Edited by Rob Nash

4 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Off day for boot again for Beharrell?

Be close is this Doncaster's 3rd away game in a row? 

Yeah. This is true. I'm more worried about the pitch than the team. Injury will force a tighter game. Chrimes will play on wing after Halliday's decapitation. Back row may see Hodgson and England back after injury. I'm not worried. Everything now is a bonus

Edited by Rob Nash

5 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

What about the way Doncaster dealt with Oldham on the previous 2 games? The score at Keepmoat wasn't bad. 

Also beating Hunslet away? Wouldn't bother citing that. Shocking side. Everyone has beaten them there.

Yes, two Doncaster wins earlier in the season but the last match, that Oldham win by 40-14, was only 4 weeks ago.

Everybody beats Hunslet because they are a shocking side ???

That doesn't say much for Doncaster then as both teams finished with 12 wins and 8 losses and Doncaster only came above Hunslet by a scoring difference of 38.

• Like 1

From the start of the season I've felt Hunslet were in a false position. To keep this a reasoned and amiable discussion I will leave it thus

Edited by Rob Nash

1 minute ago, Rob Nash said:

From the start of the season I've felt Hunslet were in a false position. To keep this a reasoned and amiable discussion I will leave it this.

Many people have their own similar thoughts about various teams but in the end that's where they finished the season.

Were my comments and facts not reasonable and amicable ?

Turns out that all oldham's games will be at home. Even if they lose this weekend, then beat the winners of Newcastle and workington. The final will be held at the vestacare. If Doncaster do win this weekend, the final will only be at the keepmoat if workington get to the final. 

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot

16 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

And Hunslet beat Oldham and Doncaster and Newcastle for that matter away , but we have been shocking at home against the better teams . Back to the discussion , I do think Doncaster are the form team and with that will win this game not by many , should be a good game though. 

This is a much improved Donny team than earlier in the season. Horne has finally realised changing the team every week using various DR players doesn’t work and it’s no surprise our form has improved now we have a more settled side. Rangie is improving game by game as his match fitness improves. There’s a chance last seasons player of the year Brad England could make a return after a few months out plus E Hodgson may return also. Idd say a Donny win but will be tight 

On 18/09/2019 at 10:51, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Turns out that all oldham's games will be at home. Even if they lose this weekend, then beat the winners of Newcastle and workington. The final will be held at the vestacare. If Doncaster do win this weekend, the final will only be at the keepmoat if workington get to the final. 

As was known at the start of the season.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Decent first half. Oldham not able to turn their domination into points though.