22 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Oldham v Doncaster KO 2pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Oldham
    • Doncaster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 13:00

5 minutes ago, JonM said:

Floodlights? There's seating for about 300-400 people too.

It's the daytime and I see no seats. It only needs a couple of kids smoking behind the bush and I would be right back at my old school ? 

I went to watch Oldham play a game in the late 1980s. Their ground was unavailable so they were forced to play at Manchester City. Roll on 30 years and this is what we have, I include Sheffield and any other club who have played on a park field in the last few years in that too.

It must be the only sport that had higher minimum standards 30 years ago than it has now. In fact, it still has a couple of the same crappy stadiums in SL it had 30 years ago too.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I went to watch Oldham play a game in the late 1980s. Their ground was unavailable so they were forced to play at Manchester City. Roll on 30 years and this is what we have, I include Sheffield and any other club who have played on a park field in the last few years in that too.

Yep, add Swinton & London Broncos onto that list. And Rochdale Hornets when the football club doesn't feel like letting them play at home.

Just now, Scubby said:

Full time bell. Well done to Oldham, solid win and onto the final.

They were the better side on the day by a clear margin. Now for the eliminator.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Yep school bell has gone, home time everyone, your mams got your tea on the table. Do your homework before next week lads! 

That late substitution was someone getting called in for their tea from one of the pitch side houses! "Get in or it's going in the dog!"

2 hours ago, JonM said:

Yep, add Swinton & London Broncos onto that list. And Rochdale Hornets when the football club doesn't feel like letting them play at home.

It's just like RU in the old days ( including the crowds) - how things have changed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

I think that was V Featherstone at Main Rd. I saw that match.

Yep, that's right - was just a kid but remember it well. The idea of using a local amateur ground back then would have been unthinkable, and the RFL would have issued fines. Same with sides not fielding a full team. Standards are falling through the floor ? 

53 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

Fair do's, the Yeds played very well yesterday, fully deserving of the win. Donny looked a bit flat and lacking energy...season caught up with them a bit much maybe..

I think Oldham defended very well, very good at closing things down in the centre of the field - think it's been a real strength of theirs all season  

Archived