22 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 4pm

Who will win?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newcastle Thunder
    • Workington Town

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 15:00

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • John Drake changed the title to 21 Sept: League 1 Semi-Final: Newcastle Thunder v Workington Town KO 4pm
2 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Is this game being shown on our league app anyone know 

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

If they can get 2 lots of cameras a crew together then they should. The 2 kick offs are 2 and 4. Depends on resources available I imagine

OurLeague app has both League one semi's as being on on Sunday which I'm sure must be the reason for the late Kick off at Kingston Park.

So that's Warrington vs Castleford thursday night on Sky, Wigan vs Salford Friday night on Sky, York vs Fev Saturday afternoon on Sky, Oldham vs Doncaster 2pm Sunday on OurLeague, Newcastle vs Workington 4pm Sunday on OurLeague and then finally Toronto vs Toulouse 6.30pm Sunday on Sky, that's some week of rugby although if I attempt to watch all that I think 8.30pm Sunday could be the start of divorce proceedings.

On 17/09/2019 at 15:57, NERugbyDad said:

OurLeague app has both League one semi's as being on on Sunday which I'm sure must be the reason for the late Kick off at Kingston Park.

It seems no one has commented on the coverage,last week,when Mick Hogan added to the commentary.

He was nothing less than outstanding.

Superb each and every time he commented,particularly at the difficult times,when he never shirked,and kept his composure and emotions in check.

Extremely difficult for him with the performance where Doncaster dominated,and when Wright attempted the decapitation for which he has been punished. 

Mick Hogan has been impressive on Backchat,also,as well as successful stints at clubs in both codes.

He needs to be given more platforms and more exposure for our sport.

As for this game - Is the Wallsend connection all disappeared? I think Mr Thorman may want a win for Workington.I reckon he may just get it.

The Championship and League 1 seems to have provided the better of the entertainment shown ' live ' and this could add to that.

I wouldn't object to a Thunder win,if only for Mick Hogan. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Serious questions need to be asked if Newcastle don’t win this. Look at their squad - full to the brim of talented players that have played at the top level. They must be spending a fortune on wages. 

With the squad they have they should have won this division. To not go up via the playoffs would be a huge disappointment for them. 

23 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Personally I would like to see Worky. win this one and also achieve promotion,they should have been promoted last season until a late change by the R.F.L. kept Swinton in the Championship. Come on Town, big ask I know, and this is from a Bradford fan.

Did they win the grand final last season or finish top? Why should they of been promoted then?

Archived