22 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 6.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Raz said:

They just have one guy run back and forth along the sidelines the whole game to make it sound like a crowd.

It's like a Monty Python skit, King Arthur doesn't actually own a horse, he just has his squire bang some coconuts together.

Brian Mac did his best to talk that up, he knows though that it was a very poor T.O. side for 65 mins of the game, is main worry should be hiw his team ran out of steam for the last 10mins, if they are challenged much more throughout their next game they will be closing down earlier, there are a lot of aging bodies in the Toronto team, it is natural for that to happen.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes they did. 

No, they didn't. They blatantly eased right off to just see the game out and Toulouse just threw caution the ball about and scored 2 belting break away tries. All the while Toronto still had more possession and field position and chances to score in that last 10 minutes. 

11 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Really looking forward to it.  I think someone should get some spray paint out for the final and Paint "MAN OF KENT" in big fat letters in the end zones.

That will def improve the TV product.

Nah you’d be better of spraying it in the toilets with him being full of ##it

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes they did. 

Do you remember the 2001 Ashes 2nd test at Bolton? Australia were 40-0 up and GB scored two tries in the last few minutes to make it 40-12. It was a sight to behold watching the Aussie run out of steam that night!

Just now, Scubby said:

Do you remember the 2001 Ashes 2nd test at Bolton? Australia were 40-0 up and GB scored two tries in the last few minutes to make it 40-12. It was a sight to behold watching the Aussie run out of steam that night!

Especially for those of us who missed the two GB tries because we wanted to get to KFC before it closed. The teenage equivalent of trying to beat the bell for last orders. 

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Especially for those of us who missed the two GB tries because we wanted to get to KFC before it closed. The teenage equivalent of trying to beat the bell for last orders. 

Well I can tell you Matt, just like Toronto tonight, the Aussies were absolutely knackered (out on their feet). Had that game gone on for another 5-10 minutes...... who knows?? ? 

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Brian Mac did his best to talk that up, he knows though that it was a very poor T.O. side for 65 mins of the game, is main worry should be hiw his team ran out of steam for the last 10mins, if they are challenged much more throughout their next game they will be closing down earlier, there are a lot of aging bodies in the Toronto team, it is natural for that to happen.

I'm not sure it was too poor from TO, they made too many stupid mistakes and TWP played well in the 1st half, the damage could have been much worse if O'Brian had been kicking better. I would love to see TO in the final playing the game from the off like they played the last 10 minutes today. Caution to the Wind !  The last try was fun to watch.  

I had a conversation with the President, Bernard Sarrazain after the loss at home to Swinton, he was non too happy, but I said then that the only game that matters is the last one of the season. TO still have a last match to come so all is to play for.

5 minutes ago, dkw said:

No, they didn't. They blatantly eased right off to just see the game out and Toulouse just threw caution the ball about and scored 2 belting break away tries. All the while Toronto still had more possession and field position and chances to score in that last 10 minutes. 

OK have it your own way, you believe what you saw and will stick to my own interpretation, end off,

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

What the bloody hell has that got to do with tonights game?

2 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Over 9,300 there, which is good, isn’t it?

It's fantastic to see so many Canadians enjoying our great sport.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Over 9,300 there, which is good, isn’t it?

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

It's fantastic to see so many Canadians enjoying our great sport.

And that's with fewer than usual away fans.

What if teams start bringing 500/1000 on a regular basis?

14 minutes ago, kiggy said:

I'm not sure it was too poor from TO, they made too many stupid mistakes and TWP played well in the 1st half, the damage could have been much worse if O'Brian had been kicking better. I would love to see TO in the final playing the game from the off like they played the last 10 minutes today. Caution to the Wind !  The last try was fun to watch.  

I had a conversation with the President, Bernard Sarrazain after the loss at home to Swinton, he was non too happy, but I said then that the only game that matters is the last one of the season. TO still have a last match to come so all is to play for.

I don't think you will reach the final kiggy, semi final football is a far different respect to normal league fixtures and some of your talismen in my opinion especially Ford is a 'cruise' player he seems to me only effective when the going lets say has an ambient feel about it, Fev will make sure it is white hot next week, and you have a problem with your edge defence, Paddy Vaivai and Junior were your most effective players throughout the game other team members will need to step up to match them in effort if you are to win, my thoughts only of course.

11 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

And that's with fewer than usual away fans.

What if teams start bringing 500/1000 on a regular basis?

One would imagine promotion should add a few more locals in itself, let alone the away fans. 

Archived