22 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: Toronto Wolfpack v Toulouse Olympique KO 6.30pm (UK Time) (TV)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Toronto Wolfpack
    • Toulouse Olympique

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 17:30

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Or an NRL game.

They got 9000 people there, so why be negative about it? What next? They are all wearing the wrong clothes? They smell funny?

Next it will be they have the wrong accents and pay in Canadian dollars instead of British pounds.  

1 minute ago, Michael1812 said:

Nothing says atmosphere like yelling ‘get them onside’ and ‘forward’. 

The only yelling I heard in the heat was, "Cold beer here!"  " I'll have a beer." and "Excuse me...excuse me...I need a beer!"

16 hours ago, Scubby said:

When did they play Hull KR? What was the score? Are you saying if the Super 8s existed that Toronto would be spanked by the Giants, Wakefield, London and Hull KR - given the #### most of those teams have served up this season?

You do remember them losing by 6 points to Hull KR and beating Widnes and Leeds (away) last year with a weaker squad? The standard of SL at the moment is as low as I can remember.

Hasn’t this team been assembled to get into super greed and not challenge in it. Just saying like

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Surprisingly quiet for 9k crowd though, isn't it. The atmosphere is reminiscent of a county cricket match.

There was a lot of chat on the Facebook group last night. Long story short, the sound tech explained that the mics are set up to optimize the tv feed, minimizing crowd chatter, music breaks, sounds of eating popcorn, and prop planes flying into the nearby airport.

It's loud at the ground.

5 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Must have taken you a fair bit of time to knock that up. I’m touched, Loup.

May I suggest ‘No player base, no point!’ for the central square.

You're welcome. But it didn't take long. I knocked out the bingo card template in season 1. The whinges do evolve with new ones being invented each season, so I have it handy. And you provided such excellent material. I'm looking forward to rolling out an entirely new set of Super League whinges.

56 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The only yelling I heard in the heat was, "Cold beer here!"  " I'll have a beer." and "Excuse me...excuse me...I need a beer!"

It looks like a great few hours watching the game , nice weather helps . The guys on the far left seem to be enjoying themselves . Hope you can kick on and secure a place in SL . Hopefully another French team will follow you . The game needs to spread its wings , Toronto seem to be pushing the game along , few not liking that . Keep up the good work 

38 minutes ago, Loup said:

There was a lot of chat on the Facebook group last night. Long story short, the sound tech explained that the mics are set up to optimize the tv feed, minimizing crowd chatter, music breaks, sounds of eating popcorn, and prop planes flying into the nearby airport.

It's loud at the ground.

Hmm...convincing.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Nit bothered either way.  I would prefer TWP won promotion but IMO Featherstone have a chance if they can get past TO.  They’ve run Toronto them close a couple of times already, so this comp is far from over.  

Of course, the big decision might kibosh it all.

Nah, we're going up and whether its Featherstone or Toulouse again we will do it convincingly.

15 hours ago, Celt said:

Hopefully it will be Toulouse though - that way we will have a final that will be great for the game as a whole.

I reckon TWP will bring the most to SuperLeague (by some distance) but if they were to not make it for any reason, TO XIII would be by far my second choice. 

And Featherstone third?

Archived