21 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 14:00

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

What, you think Fev will score?.

Yeah, first. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

York have been consistent all season while Fev have had their off days which have prevented them finishing above the Knights. The recent surrender of commanding leads against Toulouse and York themselves, and shock home defeats to Dewsbury and Barrow were due to complacency. I don't think there will be any complacency on Saturday!

I think a lot will depend on whether Fev take their chances. If they do I think they will win convincingly as happened at Fev and Blackpool if they don’t and it goes to a tight finish got a feeling York may pinch it as they have done on numerous occasions this season. Interesting game to watch!!!

Fev fans remember your flat caps and your bottle caps.  Let's thwart them in this if in nothing else!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

I think a lot will depend on whether Fev take their chances. If they do I think they will win convincingly as happened at Fev and Blackpool if they don’t and it goes to a tight finish got a feeling York may pinch it as they have done on numerous occasions this season. Interesting game to watch!!!

Yes York's record in tight games this season is amazing. They have been in 11 games that have been decided by one score or less (six points) and they have won ten of them!

Normally you'd say they were prime candidates to regress to the mean next season (assuming they don't get promoted which of course is still a possibility), but I think there's more to it than just coincidence that they have managed to see out so many tight games.

7 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Featherstone by 24, because York will bottle it, sorry.

That's much the weirdest comment on this thread. 11 league games decided by one score this year and York won ten of them, they are the absolute opposite of bottle merchants. 

I dont think the verb "bottle" (or lack of it) applies to rugby league players anyway, but if it did, the only appropriate use in these play offs would be if Toronto don't qualify again.

On 19/09/2019 at 09:47, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes York's record in tight games this season is amazing. They have been in 11 games that have been decided by one score or less (six points) and they have won ten of them!

Normally you'd say they were prime candidates to regress to the mean next season (assuming they don't get promoted which of course is still a possibility), but I think there's more to it than just coincidence that they have managed to see out so many tight games.

Not too disimilar to Batley in 2016 who won 5, and drew 1, of the 8 games that they were involved in where 6 or fewer points separated the teams.

Fev will hope to emulate the big boys up the road and keep winning away from home.

Should be a cracker.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Wait, Tim Spears, Jordan Baldwinson AND Andy Ellis? The ghost of Fevs team from 4 or 5 years ago lives on, you'll be telling us you're signing Will Sharp next...

Yeah but three good players for Fev. 

Is the trainer/physio going to be on the field longer than Chisholm was in the league fixture. I hope so because his backside was the difference between both teams when Conner's kick hit it and the Knights scored from the resulting scrum.

Archived