21 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 14:00

On 19/09/2019 at 09:53, marklaspalmas said:

It's going to be a cracking game this.

I thought last Sunday's game was quality and even though FEv were on top I thought the Centurions played well.

More of the same quality on Saturday.

I can't recall seeing a better game on TV all year.

Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

Side streets around the ground.

Think it's mainly residents only parking around the ground. You could use any of  the park and ride buses; think Askham Bar will be nearest if you're coming off the A64. Margate car park is off Boothsm but will be full with shoppers as it's Saturday.

Having seen both teams perform in the last 3 weeks at the LSV firstly I must say I was impressed by York they were very good and has as been said they never gave up as I do not expect them todo on Saturday they will fight till the final whistle, but Featherstone's performance was the best I have witnessed all season by any Championship team, the scoreline of 18 - 34 did not reflect the dominance that Fev had in the game, if Fev maintain that form and commitment by all the player's barring injuries I would not be surprised to see them to go both France and Canada and come away victorious, they impressed me that much. 

To frantic by Fev, slow it down and where is Chisholm? 

I can never understand teams who having tried so hard to get field position elect to take penalty kicks at goal and give up the territory they have gained, York did this twice I think they will come to regret that these decisions.

Whatever very good game to watch.

3 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Actually, poor work. I got the scores backwards. 

Fev up 8-4

I didn't like to say.

Good contest but there have been a lot of handling errors. York are probably relieved to be only four points down given the number of sets Featherstone have had in their 20. A combination of some good defence by York and Featherstone bombing a couple of great chances has kept it tight.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you not consider that Fev were better than York at the LSV Clogger, that is if you went along.

? Don't recall them ever playing each other in Leigh? If you mean Leigh v Fev last week Didn't see it,

otherwise engaged.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You smoothie.

Let's face it, Bob8 is Swiss Toni.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived