21 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 14:00

13 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

M C said at a meeting that his family had a 50% share in York Knights. 

It's not recorded anywhere. Companies House shows YCK to have one shareholder (and one person of influence). Not sure if the legalities of not declaring you own half a company in the real world but certainly not allowed in the world of RL.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Job done, good show from Fev.

Two down, two to go.

I hope our injuries to two key men are not that bad.

All credit to York, super season, great matchday atmosphere. Just one game too many today.

(Can the WUM and those biting take that shareholder c rap elsewhere? This is a match thread)

34 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think Thaler had a great game, I don't know what will happen with the officiating whereever Fev play next week, but when a team sets so much effort on playing the ball so quick, the p.t.b. requires good marshalling, I hope it happens it can make all the difference.

Definitely when we played Toulouse a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of messing around at the play the ball.

Fev by far the better team, by various means they have constructed a very good Championship team, York have achieved far more than expected this season and need to kick on with a bigger, stronger team next season to use the impetus that the new stadium should give them.

Very good performance by Fev will have Toulouse and Toronto looking over their shoulders. Do any of the Fev squad have visa "issues"?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Private Baldrick said:

Not for Toulouse I would have thought.

Don't be perverse, you know what I meant.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Don't be perverse, you know what I meant.

Ah, do you mean :-

'Are there any Rovers players who may have had indiscretions in their past that will bar them from entry into Canada should there be a need for Featherstone to play in Toronto?'

You could try ringing the Club if you are that concerned, do you want me to give you the number?

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

York tried their best and have had a good season,they should be proud of that. Fev just a class apart 

York had their chance and blew it first half.  They were 2-0 up and had Fev on the rack.  They got a penalty inside the Fev 10 metre area, and instead of keeping the pressure on they chose the line of least resistance and went for the two.  Fev have been making some spectacular breaks and then messing up.  It was obvious that if one of these came off as a try, they'd start to struggle and that's exactly what happened.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

It's strange how whenever a team gets bigged up by all and sundry they seem to fall flat on their faces after.

Good season for York, who, some were predicting were going to "do a Leigh" and take the RL world by storm only a few weeks ago.

But what will happen if Fev get promoted to SL? will they have to get their own players in or will they still be Leeds' reserve side?

3 minutes ago, meast said:

It's strange how whenever a team gets bigged up by all and sundry they seem to fall flat on their faces after.

Good season for York, who, some were predicting were going to "do a Leigh" and take the RL world by storm only a few weeks ago.

But what will happen if Fev get promoted to SL? will they have to get their own players in or will they still be Leeds' reserve side?

Reserve side? How many Leeds players do you think we have? 

That result was fairly easy to see coming. York massively overachieved and you could see by the celebrations when they made the 5 that it might be difficult to get up for the play offs as well. They also looked busted physically.

York have been amazing and should be proud. 

Fev look good and could give this a shake. Toulouse playing tomorrow in Toronto is going to play into Fev’s hands. If Toronto beat Toulouse up, I’ll back Fev next week. Should be a good game.

spirit of ‘98

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

8 minutes ago, meast said:

Grade A shanter, well done. You should be proud.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Enjoyed watching the game,which was well refereed and played in a good spirit.

I hope the League 1 sides continue it,tomorrow.

Paul March appeared to be putting on some weight.

I'm guessing he is now on the Fev coaching team as there will not be a reserve side next season.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Enjoyed watching the game,which was well refereed and played in a good spirit.

I hope the League 1 sides continue it,tomorrow.

Paul March appeared to be putting on some weight.

I'm guessing he is now on the Fev coaching team as there will not be a reserve side next season.

already on 1st team coaching team coached reserves  on the side

Just now, meast said:

If we go up we have first pull on all their squad, they have to make do with what's left!

Just now, Tex Evans Thigh said:

That result was fairly easy to see coming. York massively overachieved and you could see by the celebrations when they made the 5 that it might be difficult to get up for the play offs as well. They also looked busted physically.

York have been amazing and should be proud. 

Fev look good and could give this a shake. Toulouse playing tomorrow in Toronto is going to play into Fev’s hands. If Toronto beat Toulouse up, I’ll back Fev next week. Should be a good game.

spirit of ‘98

Five sendings off on each side tomorrow with automatic two game bans would be nice!

Archived