21 Sept: Championship Semi-Final: York City Knights v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm (TV)

Who will win?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Featherstone Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/19 at 14:00

A great day out yesterday for my first visit to Bootham Crescent. York fans did their club proud, pure class all day and magnanimous in defeat applauding our fans dancing in the streets after the game. Congratulations to all at the club on a fantastic season, you've been a breath of fresh air in the Championship and how great as it been to see a club whose best days are clearly ahead of them? 

But what about Fev? Absolutely buzzing atmosphere in the tightly-packed away corner. Pure passion from every one of the players on the pitch and another big team performance. To think how far we've come from the close season when we were training with fewer than 10 players is miraculous. 

Credit must start with Mark Campbell and Davide Longo for taking a punt on a young unknown coach from the other side of the world when the easy option would've been to pick an established Championship coach. Ryan Carr has transformed the club and built a team which has got the fans dreaming of Super League.

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, we have to view this season as being a huge success after murmurs of a relegation fight were predicted by some at the start of the year. We already know we're losing a couple of players to Salford - you can never begrudge a player who has put his body on the line a chance to test himself at SL level - but I hope we can keep the backbone of the squad together next year and build on it, whichever league we end up in.

Toronto are still very much favourites for promotion but after our last two performances neither them nor Toulouse will relish our visit. 

Rovers having a barny!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Fev were to win the championship I think it would be pretty safe to say the SL clubs will find a way to deny them entry, so of the 3 left possibly only one has a chance of getting promotion. My money would be on SL running with 11 clubs, giving each club a couple of blank weekends and splitting the money between themselves. What a way to run a sport?

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

If Fev were to win the championship I think it would be pretty safe to say the SL clubs will find a way to deny them entry, so of the 3 left possibly only one has a chance of getting promotion. My money would be on SL running with 11 clubs, giving each club a couple of blank weekends and splitting the money between themselves. What a way to run a sport?

fev meet all the criteria no way could they deny us, if they tried the fall out would deff split the game in half

22 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

A great day out yesterday for my first visit to Bootham Crescent. York fans did their club proud, pure class all day and magnanimous in defeat applauding our fans dancing in the streets after the game. Congratulations to all at the club on a fantastic season, you've been a breath of fresh air in the Championship and how great as it been to see a club whose best days are clearly ahead of them? 

But what about Fev? Absolutely buzzing atmosphere in the tightly-packed away corner. Pure passion from every one of the players on the pitch and another big team performance. To think how far we've come from the close season when we were training with fewer than 10 players is miraculous. 

Credit must start with Mark Campbell and Davide Longo for taking a punt on a young unknown coach from the other side of the world when the easy option would've been to pick an established Championship coach. Ryan Carr has transformed the club and built a team which has got the fans dreaming of Super League.

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, we have to view this season as being a huge success after murmurs of a relegation fight were predicted by some at the start of the year. We already know we're losing a couple of players to Salford - you can never begrudge a player who has put his body on the line a chance to test himself at SL level - but I hope we can keep the backbone of the squad together next year and build on it, whichever league we end up in.

Toronto are still very much favourites for promotion but after our last two performances neither them nor Toulouse will relish our visit. 

Rovers having a barny!

just a shame hes leaving

3 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

No way will they run with 11 , that takes the magic weekend out of the equation 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Who ?

Carr. Much rumoured to be at Leeds in a fulltime post next year, presumably as Agar's assistant. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

13 hours ago, clogdance said:

Leeds were in a relegation battle up till 2 weeks ago, and Hull could have made the play-offs until week before last, but Fev & York are still using their players. 

Small point of order: York had one player - Liam Harris - on loan from Hull.

We didn't use dual registration this year.

Well, what a season to be A knights fan. Only 3 seasons since we nearly dropped out of the league, to finishing 3rd in the  Championship. Well done to Fev, looking really good in the play offs, and wish them well for the final. I would also like to say, what a fantastic set of supporters, they came in great numbers and really got behind their team. The celebrations after the game were brilliant, and were applauded by the Knights fans. Always hear the negative side of the Fev fans, but did their team proud yesterday. I'm sure I speak for all Knights fans that we will be cheering you on in the final. 

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Small point of order: York had one player - Liam Harris - on loan from Hull.

We didn't use dual registration this year.

Seem to remember Hull KR loaning you a few half way through the season.

Junior Vaivai was instrumental in you winning at Widnes.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

7 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Fev are full members of the RFL so I don't believe that the SL clubs could deny them promotion according to the agreements that accompanied the reorganisation.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Carr. Much rumoured to be at Leeds in a fulltime post next year, presumably as Agar's assistant. 

"Much rumoured" = "My mate says".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Of course Fev would go up. Anything else is pure paranoia. Or the result of seeing inexplicable decisions taken in RL since 1895.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, jayemm said:

Well, what a season to be A knights fan. Only 3 seasons since we nearly dropped out of the league, to finishing 3rd in the  Championship. Well done to Fev, looking really good in the play offs, and wish them well for the final. I would also like to say, what a fantastic set of supporters, they came in great numbers and really got behind their team. The celebrations after the game were brilliant, and were applauded by the Knights fans. Always hear the negative side of the Fev fans, but did their team proud yesterday. I'm sure I speak for all Knights fans that we will be cheering you on in the final. 

Thank you, we won't get any credit from some but boy do they love it when we step out of line! 

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

"Much rumoured" = "My mate says".

Possibly. I've not heard any rumours, other than hear and Facebook, as I don't live anywhere near Fev. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

If he's at fev next season as head coach I'll show my botty on mexborough market

What day is that?

Archived