20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan are rightly favourites at home at home but it should be a cracker and far from a foregone conclusion. Salford will need to sharpen up in attack but defence (bar a few cases of switching off) has been excellent for weeks. I hope (and it's a real possibility) that the attack clicks and Salford edge this.

A few changes for Wigan, Farrell back and Partington banned. Marshall is fit again and might well replace Burgess. Sarginson is doubtful and Hankinson could replace him.

Wigan need to start better if they are to progress in the play offs. Salford are a lot better than Catalans or Castleford and Wigan need to bring their A Game. An intense second half won't cut it in the play offs at all. Will be a good match with Wigan to win by 12.

Salford to win as they have: momentum, a fair sprinkling of players with big match experience,  belief, talent, speed, excellent defence, togetherness, no primadonas,  nothing to lose, the better coaching team and I think the sum of Salford's parts just makes them a better team than the Piemen. 

Evalds, Hastings, Lolohea and Lussick seem to be combining so well and it makes Salford a real threat. I think Wigan's home advantage could see them shade it, but it will be a game I really look forward to watching.

Wigan by 2... no Salford by 2... no draw and golden point... Sod it Salford by 2!

Wigan have got to 4 of the last 5 Grand Finals and that has to make them favourites, especially as both sides are have similar form.

You just can't see Salford going there are winning. If they could beat Wigan away, then their confidence will shoot through the roof and there is no reason they can't go all the way.

Wigan, we know all about them, they have been here many times and got the T-shirt, Salford however have not BUT thats the only difference, experience of these occasions, its easy to get a misconceived opinion about this Salford side thinking its still "Salford" but in many ways its far more than just "Salford", its a tremendous side throughout and brilliantly coached and tbf they should have won at Saints earlier in the season, if they perform to their max at the dw then this particular " Salford" will take some stopping!

As a neutral Leeds fan who looks like being  neutral for a few years yet , I am looking forward to this years playoffs . Wigan to win this one and the comp ,but not writing off Saints or Salford.  That's me in my usual place on The Fence 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

19 hours ago, John Boriston said:

Salford to win as they have: momentum, a fair sprinkling of players with big match experience,  belief, talent, speed, excellent defence, togetherness, no primadonas,  nothing to lose, the better coaching team and I think the sum of Salford's parts just makes them a better team than the Piemen. 

Wow!!!

Salford win a few games for the first time in decades and all of a sudden they have become the Sydney Roosters.

I hope Salford put up a good show, but there is no way they deserve that sort of build up.

20 hours ago, John Boriston said:

Salford are not as good as the Piemen.  But that does not mean they cannot win on the day.  This is a cup tie. As Saints fans.

Salford are the banana skin everyone wanted to avoid in reality

That said, Wigan's experience will tell. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Will the fact that it is a qualifier and not an eliminator mean that both teams play with less pressure than Castleford and Warrington will be feeling? Or is it just non-stop tension and stress from now on in?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Wow!!!

Salford win a few games for the first time in decades and all of a sudden they have become the Sydney Roosters.

I hope Salford put up a good show, but there is no way they deserve that sort of build up.

Talk about an over-reaction ... by you that is!?

Archived