20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

`What do Salford bring to SL?`  is voiced every week on here.

Well for a start we will be taking over 2,000 to the Pie Dome - not bad for starters.

well you only have to look at some of the clubs in the EFA Premiership what do they bring to that Comp ? because they have qualified and there on merit. keep it up Salford  

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

IF Salford win this then no 2 ways about it the rest of Rugby will be sitting up and taking notice that this is an emergence of a real team.

For the good of the game lets hope for a Salford win, those long suffering Salford fans actually deserve a grand final.

They actually deserve a Wembley cup final, no team in SL History has gone longest without a Cup Final. 1969 was their last one, 1938 was their last win (I have a programme).

To see Salford in a GF would be bizarre, but would be a change. It won't happen of course, about as much chance as Swinton making it through to a cup final, 1932 v Leeds, and they moved the final to Wigan because they thought that London was too far for the Leeds fans to travel outside their territory. (Sarcasm) 

Wigan win please and Salford to have 5 people banned by the disciplinary

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I think (hope) that Wigan's experience at the sharp end of the season will see them through. I don't think it will be an easy win, but a win nonetheless.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Easy win for Wigan unfortunately. I'd love to see Salford win but it's very unlikely. I think Cas will beat them next week as well.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

I think two teams will be nervous this playoff comp Saints and Cas . Saints because they've led the field and been the best team all season it will be in their minds ' surely we cant fail at this stage ' Cas because they are still hurting from two years ago . 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

It seems one club,showing a duty of care,responded by demonstrating interest in having a player with a long standing shoulder injury,which should have been dealt with by other clubs,fixed and able to continue his career.

It would have been nice to see Castleford play Wigan,with Hardaker,but it would be better for Salford to progress and let the rest battle it out.

The battle in the halves holds a lot of interest.Wigan won't want their new signing injured,and with him up against a player getting to play in the NRL before him,it should be a good contest.

Hoping Salford win,and their fans behave and have a great time.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Really looking forward to this. It's a fascinating prospect. I haven't got a clue what to expect but I do know I don't share some people's sense of inevitability about a comfortable Wigan victory.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I think Salford are going to cane Wigan by a truckload.

When I say 'think', what I really mean is 'hope'.

In all honesty, the prospect of a GF between Wigan and Saints (thus being guaranteed no new name on the trophy) leaves me catatonic. No disrespect to Cas, but Salford actually *could* win the whole shebang. And for the sake of the game (and a guy I work with) I hope they stuff everyone.

Hardaker's first kick does not bode well. Hooked wide of the post, so still no score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, snapski said:

Very soft pen. Has to give one everytime a defenders hand goes near the ball now. 

Just had a thought. Kendall last night, Hicks tonight. Probably means Thaler and Child for next week. 

Oh god we are getting James Child for our game. 

We have him on Sunday at the Newcastle v Workington game..... Great. 

Archived