20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Better team lost. Disgraceful decisions again.

Give over. If you watch the game back I'll bet it will work out 50/50 for strips/ball lost in the tackle for both sides. It's a lottery for the refs. Barry and/or Terry said as much in cometary.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

9 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

What do you say, Padge?

What do I say about what? 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

10 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Wigan win please and Salford to have 5 people banned by the disciplinary

Well you got half your wish. Still looking forward to meeting Salford next week? ?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

Give over. If you watch the game back I'll bet it will work out 50/50 for strips/ball lost in the tackle for both sides. It's a lottery for the refs. Barry and/or Terry said as much in cometary.

You must be watching a different game pal. One in the first half went against Wigan but after that everything went Wigan's way. Clubb should have been sin binned for the elbow to Hastings head + penalty try. No excuse from Hicks not to check with the VR especially after Hastings complained. The last hand in was also a pivotal decision. 

Games don't get much tighter than that. Well done to both teams.

I'm disappointed, obviously, but it's not over yet. Just get to OT and I'll be there, yelling my heart out for Salford. Come on you Reds!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Nice to know there's some decent Rugby on TV at this time of year, right? :kolobok_wink:

I think we're alright on TV for the next 6 weeks or so; then it's the loooong winter break. If only there was some rugby being played over that period...

Unless, I suppose, Our League cover some amateur games and pre-season friendlies.

9 minutes ago, hullste said:

You must be watching a different game pal. One in the first half went against Wigan but after that everything went Wigan's way. Clubb should have been sin binned for the elbow to Hastings head + penalty try. No excuse from Hicks not to check with the VR especially after Hastings complained. The last hand in was also a pivotal decision. 

Still taking the cup final no show well then.

If anyone was in any doubt about if Salford can mix it with the best, and I was one of them, those doubts ended tonight.

They were great. Wigan's defensive effort was incredible to hold on at the end. If they win the Grand Final, that will be what gets them there.

I hope next week's play off games are just as good. Well, actually I don't, I want a comfortable Saints win, but there's no way that will happen. For us to win next Friday, we need absolute defensive steel.

26 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

18-12 Wigan FT. Superb entertainment.

Salford threw the kitchen sink but the pies always seem to defend like they are on a £1m win bonus in these games.

Aye, great post, just about sums it up for me.

Think Mr Clubb will be required to have a wander over to Leeds this coming week, if his late elbow to the back of Hastings' head during the act of him scoring wasn't bad enough, taking Hastings out in the air a fraction after he kicked a bomb then following it up with head contact when Hastings objected should see a game or two. Why Sky failed to show a replay of the latter incident, I have no idea.

I've thought for a while now that the Pies will win the GF, defending like they did tonight hasn't really made me feel like changing my thoughts. They really do show that, after languishing in the lower half of the SL table earlier on this season, it's the business end of the season that counts.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

19 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Aye, great post, just about sums it up for me.

Think Mr Clubb will be required to have a wander over to Leeds this coming week, if his late elbow to the back of Hastings' head during the act of him scoring wasn't bad enough, taking Hastings out in the air a fraction after he kicked a bomb then following it up with head contact when Hastings objected should see a game or two. Why Sky failed to show a replay of the latter incident, I have no idea.

I've thought for a while now that the Pies will win the GF, defending like they did tonight hasn't really made me feel like changing my thoughts. They really do show that, after languishing in the lower half of the SL table earlier on this season, it's the business end of the season that counts.

Saints get a free weekend and if (partly because of that) they win, then they get another free weekend.  And as the top team so they should.  The system is designed to benefit the top team.  The so called hubcaps is ok, but the real benefit that teams play for is the  advantages they get to be at the top.

Saints are still in a favourable position... as long as they don't go undercooked.

47 minutes ago, hullste said:

You must have been watching a different match.

Patwigaw

Superb game that. Hastings looked like he was right at home at the DW. I think Salford have the better structure and play the better rugby, but we have better players across the piece. Hence our nudging it. I wasn’t sure how good we were going into this game, and am not much the wiser now. 

I was very surprised to see the pat on the head leading to a penalty (which may have been discussed here already). Is that always the case? I was also very surprised Hicks didn’t go to the VR for the try he called obstruction for. But these things even themselves out over a game and a season and it was as close as it deserved to be. 

Good luck to Salford next week. I hope they get a big crowd, they deserve it. 

If I were a betting man, I would put money on us doing this again in a couple of weeks. 

Archived