20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Interesting footnote - ‘new all-time SL tackle record’ by Morgan Smithies

Perhaps equally of import is that Powell is out with fractured wrist.  Something of a turnaround to now consdering that Powells loss will now be considered quite a blow for Wigan.

Tommy may have to go hooker. Williams 7 French 6?  Or French 7? Or if fit (he is a bit of a forgotten man) Sammut?  It means a tricky choice whatever.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rupert Prince said:

Wigans lowest of the season.  One would be surprised if Salfords next match would be their lowest... we shall have to see.  Will Cas travel?

These are big games and RL are producing them and then drawing the curtains behind them. 

The best way I can put it is to say that there is a lack of coherence in the way RL is producing the game.   The product is good, but the horse is not bringing itself to drink the water.

Castleford are providing free transport for 700 supporters.

Game between 2 British head coaches should be very interesting.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Part funded by the players- a fabulous gesture

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

50 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Indeed.  I'd have expected a big travelling contingent.  Likewise frankly I would expect quite a few to St.Helens.

PS.  In other news I did not think the SKY tv coverage was brilliant with cuts changing at important moments.

Salford will be really pleased. They proved they can compete away from home against the champions. To put Wigan in a position where they had to defend the game out should give them confidence that they can go to Wigan or St Helens in week 3 and win.

Meanwhile, for Wigan, they have shown that they still have the defensive capabilities that they had in 2018 to win the league.  If you defend in the way that Wigan can, you will always stand a good chance.

Next week's Saints vs Wigan derby I can see being very low scoring indeed.

Aside from talk about how Hastings will go at Wigan, I thought our other 2020 signing Jake Bibby had a big game last night too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

3270954B-9A38-49B6-9907-BAD1606A95EE.thumb.jpeg.f17771a57cd7ae05685ae999a84ddb70.jpegThis is the play the ball before Inu’s offload. Please explain how Isa is 7 metres offside.

You should know by now Wigan are never onside! You have clearly tampered with this picture!

1 minute ago, 7723 said:

You should know by now Wigan are never onside! You have clearly tampered with this picture!

The bit where he was clearly drowning cute fluffy kittens has been Photoshopped out! ?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pleased that the outcomes of top games involving Salford are no longer certain. Well done on pushing Wigan so hard. Yes, they lost (phew!) and its a shame they seem to be losing players, but I trust the team now has the confidence and self belief to sustain its presence in SL. 

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Pleased that the outcomes of top games involving Salford are no longer certain. Well done on pushing Wigan so hard. Yes, they lost (phew!) and its a shame they seem to be losing players, but I trust the team now has the confidence and self belief to sustain its presence in SL. 

Watson seems to be able to lift players who have either declined or underperformed elselwhere, so although some players are leaving, who knows what he'll do with what he has next season? Lee Mossop's testimony (see other thread) suggests Salford will do just fine. Maybe not as well as 2019, but they don't look like a relegation-doomed basket-case to me.

It also suggests that other clubs should be bloody careful about who they sell to Salford, because it could come back to bite them on the bum big time.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Well done Hicks. Absolutely pathetic stuff from Gildart.

i'm sorry but what the hell is wrong with a pat on the head so what if it winds the other player up this is just another example of the over cleansing of the game.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 minutes ago, my missus said:

i'm sorry but what the hell is wrong with a pat on the head

He was wearing a Wigan shirt. Self-explanatory really, so let's bring back the death penalty.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He was wearing a Wigan shirt. Self-explanatory really, so let's bring back the death penalty.

"i'm sorry but what the hell is wrong with a pat on the head "

Both the above show how misunderstanding is a communicable problem.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

I deedent see it 

What? 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived