20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Sorry Padge I was thinking Arsene Wenger 

I couldn't see it not I didn't as I was looking the other way, couldn't as in the TV pictures were not in front of me to see. Do you see.?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

26 minutes ago, Padge said:

I couldn't see it not I didn't as I was looking the other way, couldn't as in the TV pictures were not in front of me to see. Do you see.?

I didnt see the game, I'm completely  neutral seeing the funny side of the debate 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

5 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I didnt see the game, I'm completely  neutral seeing the funny side of the debate 

The funny side is that johnh1 has presumed I was talking about the two decisions when I told him to grow up, it wasn't about the actual decisions. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'm disappointed that this thread has descended into some bitter recriminations. Wigan won. Well done to them. Salford made them fight like hell for the win. Well done to my team.

Can't we leave the bits that were unsavoury (there were a couple, before anyone denies it) to the disciplinary? They generally, though not always, get it right.

Listening on Radio Manc, it sounded like a fantastic game and most of the earlier posts here support that view. Wigan scraped through this one. I hope they don't if we meet again.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

36 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I'm disappointed that this thread has descended into some bitter recriminations. Wigan won. Well done to them. Salford made them fight like hell for the win. Well done to my team.

Can't we leave the bits that were unsavoury (there were a couple, before anyone denies it) to the disciplinary? They generally, though not always, get it right.

Listening on Radio Manc, it sounded like a fantastic game and most of the earlier posts here support that view. Wigan scraped through this one. I hope they don't if we meet again.

It was an absolute belter of a game and it was only some phenomenal defending from Wigan that prevented your team from taking it to golden point.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

This is the play the ball before Inu’s offload. Please explain how Isa is 7 metres offside.

Browny's a good contributor to the forum but the fog always descends where Wigan are concerned.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Segovia Carpet said:

Gouged JJ after the elbow when scoring.

I would suggest you edit that and add “allegedly” or “man in pub told me”. 

I am not happy about patting being a penalty. It seems really snowflakey to me. Could you imagine Les Boyd objecting to a pat on the head? 

24 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I am not happy about patting being a penalty. It seems really snowflakey to me. Could you imagine Les Boyd objecting to a pat on the head? 

Actually, that's a bad example. I can imagine that, if I patted Les Boyd on the head, he'd take the next opportunity to punch my lights out. Les was never very forgiving.

I think the reason to stop head-patting is to prevent the likely retaliation.

On reflection, I think your use of LB as an example was probably ironic.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

18 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Actually, that's a bad example. I can imagine that, if I patted Les Boyd on the head, he'd take the next opportunity to punch my lights out. Les was never very forgiving.

I would have loved to have seen someone try. 

2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Of course you're not, it's Wigan's plan A

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

It was an absolute belter of a game and it was only some phenomenal defending from Wigan that prevented your team from taking it to golden point.

Yeah but all that is too long to fit on my SRD tee-shirt. But you're spot on all the same.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

The problem is little nobheads do it knowing they won't face any retribution, and players just get more and more wound up. It wouldn't have happened a while back, refs would have turned a blind eye to them getting pay back for bering a jumped up little git. 

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

The problem is little nobheads do it knowing they won't face any retribution, and players just get more and more wound up. It wouldn't have happened a while back, refs would have turned a blind eye to them getting pay back for bering a jumped up little git. 

Its certainly a penalty...taunting and unsportsmanlike.

Honestly when I played if someone did that to me there would have been an instant fight...I'd punch him right in the face for being a goof.

The morons are just doing it to try to get a retaliation penalty...it is an attempt to instigate a fight.

14 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have no problem with it being penalised so long as it's all players from all teams for all of the season.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

14 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Try it in the pub late on in the night , see what happens ?

6 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

I have no problem with it being penalised so long as it's all players from all teams for all of the season.

I've been calling for refs to sort it for years , that sweet and lovely person at Leigh ( my team ) Rowley had a chart for our players , whoever could do it the most won a prize 

I had no idea pats on the head were such a blight on the game. If we have players so lacking in self control they are going to lose it over that, then may I tentatively suggest they ought to get a grip on themselves. 

Did I miss the many threads on it (or perhaps it has its own sub forum)? Oddly enough, the first time I can remember anyone getting up in arms about it was when Cas were being turned over by us the other night. I may have missed an e mail on it though. Astonishingly, when I watched that game at the time, the knee drop onto the pinned player on the floor struck me as a more dangerous act. 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Try it in the pub late on in the night , see what happens ?

Ok. Do you have any particular ones in mind, or can I try it in my local? Tbh, once they have worked out I am not a “traveller” (not the term more often used around here), they will put their shotgun away. 

15 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

I think the reason to penalise is that retaliation has been taken out of the game and the player doing the taping knows that. Years ago you of got a punch then a brawl and both players would’ve been sin binned. 

Archived