20 Sept: SL Qualifying Final: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/09/19 at 18:45

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

I've been calling for refs to sort it for years , that sweet and lovely person at Leigh ( my team ) Rowley had a chart for our players , whoever could do it the most won a prize 

It was ironic to see Salford awarded the penalty in favour of them,with Rowley now on the coaching staff at Salford.

I wasn't aware of the prize - but I did see the change of behaviour in certain players.Awful.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, if we ban patting on the basis that it is too upsetting, not just for the players but many watchers of the game, how about: 

- when players celebrate a mistake enthusiastically, but without physical contact, as this might cause the player who made the error to be upset? or

- when the crowd cheers an error, as the public shaming/trolling must do untold damage to the psyche of someone who has just dropped the ball. 

The more I think about it, the more the words “hate crime” come to mind. 

Matthew Ridge was a master at that sort of wind-up. Sometimes instead of a pat on the head, he'd go for a handshake before the other player realised what was happening.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, dkw said:

So did we ever find out what actually happened to Hastings regarding his eye Injury? 

Well, Hastings has said he got a slap and it affected his sight but he should be fine for Thursday. He also said that he had made up with Clubb, and what goes on the field stays on the field. 

On 22/09/2019 at 11:17, Exiled Wiganer said:

And when we have banished these blights on the game, we can sort out the more insidious ways in which Sene might be prompted to knee someone in the head. I look forward to huge “No Smirking” signs in every stadium. 

They're all over the KCOM.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived