19 Sept: SL Elimination Final: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dave T said:

Whilst that is bang average defence, this is the 2nd try coming from a rubbish rubbish last tackle play from Patton. 7 tackles 20m restart.

On top of the couple of forward passes, poor kicking and missed passes he is probably having his worst game for us yet.

I appreciate my fellow Wire fans dont agree with me on this, but he is the weak link and has some real making up to do. I hope he proves me wrong in the next half hour.

Sorry but that's BS, that was strong and hard running by Cas ended with fast passing and dummy runners, classic rugby league, your team were undone by superb rugby not sloppy defence.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Whilst that is bang average defence, this is the 2nd try coming from a rubbish rubbish last tackle play from Patton. 7 tackles 20m restart.

On top of the couple of forward passes, poor kicking and missed passes he is probably having his worst game for us yet.

I appreciate my fellow Wire fans dont agree with me on this, but he is the weak link and has some real making up to do. I hope he proves me wrong in the next half hour.

Terry would reply

"Quality player isn't he?"

Just now, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Sorry but that's BS, that was strong and hard running by Cas ended with fast passing and dummy runners, classic rugby league, your team were undone by superb rugby not sloppy defence.

I was more referring to the previous 78metres they made.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I was more referring to the previous 78metres they made.

So was I, that's more down to quality strong and elusive offence than average defence, you aren't giving Cas enough props for that try from tackle zero to the ball over the line.

Great tackle by BMM but the forearm around the neck by the flopping Warrington player, that should be a penalty every single time, it's that carp that does my head in and is the stuff that does do damage to defenceless players

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I appreciate my fellow Wire fans dont agree with me on this, but he is the weak link

I don’t think many Wire fans would disagree at all. I refrained from criticism early on as he was in that position by accident due to Brown’s injury. However, by mid-season I was praying we’d use Brown’s salary to bring in a semi-decent half from somewhere. 

Patton has had more than enough time to prove himself in the role and it hasn’t worked. Ospreys RU apparently interested so I wish him all the best but hope for someone else. He simply isn’t good enough for a champion team. Shame but the truth.

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I don’t think many Wire fans would disagree at all. I refrained from criticism early on as he was in that position by accident due to Brown’s injury. However, by mid-season I was praying we’d use Brown’s salary to bring in a semi-decent half from somewhere. 

Patton has had more than enough time to prove himself in the role and it hasn’t worked. Ospreys RU apparently interested so I wish him all the best but hope for someone else. He simply isn’t good enough for a champion team. Shame but the truth.

He's not playing for a champion team though, he's playing for Warrington ?

5 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

So was I, that's more down to quality strong and elusive offence than average defence, you aren't giving Cas enough props for that try from tackle zero to the ball over the line.

So it was good defence? Cool.

Archived