19 Sept: SL Elimination Final: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

5,627 crowd. Ouch

That's appalling.

Edit : Especially when you consider there was a few hundred there from Cas.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I know the Sky crew said that the game wasn't pretty but I quite enjoyed it (in part because Saints weren't playing and so there weren't any nerves being shredded!).  It was a close, hard fought match and I think Cas were the better team on the night.  

Well done to Cas on the win.  It will be interesting to see who they play next!

1 minute ago, Saintslass said:

I know the Sky crew said that the game wasn't pretty but I quite enjoyed it (in part because Saints weren't playing and so there weren't any nerves being shredded!).  It was a close, hard fought match and I think Cas were the better team on the night.  

Well done to Cas on the win.  It will be interesting to see who they play next!

I must admit I thought it was a decent enough game. I thought some of the negativity (from neutrals) was OTT.

It’d be interesting to see Warrington fans’ opinion on their season. Winning the cup is great and is definite quantifiable success but finishing fourth having been 2nd for what felt like 75%+ of the season and their form of late can’t be looked upon too well. 

You can’t even say it’s some sort of Cup hangover, they weren’t in great form prior to the final. 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Can’t even use the Priceball effect excuse with a crowd that low, dull as it is.

We wont be the only low crowd in the playoffs, although a Friday night will help tomorrow's.

But the entertainment value issue at the HJ shouldn't be understated.

9 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

5,627 crowd. Ouch

Thursday. 

Club chairman say they are anxious to play extra matches because they need the money.  Well getting money from a gate like 5000 is not going to account to much.

Fair to Wigan it got 11,000 last Thursday.

Well it wasn’t pretty but I’m over the moon. Great defensive effort - not sure how Rankin didn’t get in the man of match voting either

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Enjoyed the match. Not the highest quality match but the closeness and do or die nature of it made it enjoyable.

Warrington were way below par and faded badly. Castleford had some injuries and played close to their best.

Castleford's defence has stepped up in recent weeks and that was what saw them home. Concede 12 points and you always stand a chance.

The likely outcome now is that either Cas or Salford will be 80 minutes from the Grand Final, which is good for the league.

Final word, how important was goalkicking? Two misses from Ratchford and a great touchline kick from Mata'utai proved critical.

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. How have Cas managed to sell 1000 more tickets than they did last Thursday?

Giros?

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Archived