19 Sept: SL Elimination Final: Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/09/19 at 18:45

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers pal. I always cheer cas on they are like saints of old throw the ball about with all that talent on the sidelines. I thought 3/1 was unbelievable value with a form team and out of form team. That CC win was a fraud. Anyone wins a one off game. 

Well the thousands of Wire fans who stayed away knew what they were doing, which is more than can be said for their team.

Cas played better than in recent weeks but I can't see them making the GF without a 500% improvement so it's down to Salford to break the status quo?

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's too easy for fan's to watch a game on the gogglebox then they moan when there is a bad crowd,  plenty double standards being employed!

There is no double standard at all.

Nobody is obliged to pay their money to attend.

There is nowt unique about Wire fans in this aspect.

4 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Cheers pal. I always cheer cas on they are like saints of old throw the ball about with all that talent on the sidelines. I thought 3/1 was unbelievable value with a form team and out of form team. That CC win was a fraud. Anyone wins a one off game. 

Nice one mate hope you had a bit on.  Yeat I think last week's loss to Wigan probably made many (including me) under estimate Cas.  Wigan are a different animal at the back end take some beating, Wire have been limoinh gor months. 

I went the other way tonight and backed Wire before and in play (they drifted to 13/2 at one point) felt all the way through that they would nick it.  Other bet was Watts MOM at 16/1 so not all bad.

Going to be an interesting end to the season Saints are by far the best current team and you'd be deserved winners , but Wigan are looking dangerous again.  Can't see beyond the 2.

Steve Price feels this season has been a success.   Well, one major trophy is great.   But it can’t mask the fact that this side should have stayed second and had a good run in the playoffs. This team looks like a top 8 team during the second half of the season, that’s all. With a plucky cup win.

Price has one more season which will either make him or break him. Jury’s still out for me.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

There is no double standard at all.

Nobody is obliged to pay their money to attend.

There is nowt unique about Wire fans in this aspect.

I wasn't singling out the Wire fans David, I may be wrong but my impression is that there are more passive TV watchers then active paying speccies who commment on tgese pages.

3 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Steve Price feels this season has been a success.   Well, one major trophy is great.   But it can’t mask the fact that this side should have stayed second and had a good run in the playoffs. This team looks like a top 8 team during the second half of the season, that’s all. With a plucky cup win.

Price has one more season which will either make him or break him. Jury’s still out for me.

The Jury have made a unanimous decision for me, but I'm sure that wont surprise anyone :kolobok_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I wasn't singling out the Wire fans David, I may be wrong but my impression is that there are more passive TV watchers then active paying speccies who commment on tgese pages.

It's a good question actually for the forum, I'm not sure who attends regularly. We do have a lot of people based outside of the local areas on here 

To be honest I'm very scared of Wigan they just have that habit of strangling teams when it matters. I can see a Wigan win I'm not betting on tomorrows game no value. Watts is a machine. I would love to bin amor and Douglas and have him spelling Thompson and walmsley but we cant have it all!!!!! Or can we????

2 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Warrington ought to be successful next year with that pack and quality half-backs in spite of Steve Price having the attacking nous of a gerbil.

But if you are as clunky with Widdop as  you are with Patton then there is no hope for him.

7 minutes ago, Col81 said:

To be honest I'm very scared of Wigan they just have that habit of strangling teams when it matters. I can see a Wigan win I'm not betting on tomorrows game no value. Watts is a machine. I would love to bin amor and Douglas and have him spelling Thompson and walmsley but we cant have it all!!!!! Or can we????

Yeah annoyingly Wigan have that knack don't they.  I got a decent bet on them at 8/1 to win the GF when they started to climb the table.  Could see the script and was far too good a bet as an each way punt (half odds if the make the final).  

Haha hands of Watts.  To be honest he seems to be loving life back in Cas and would take some tempting away in the near future.  Been class all year and done big minutes most games.  Hope he gets a crack of the wip with the Great Britain team.

55 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Sorry, but I'm not buying that. How have Cas managed to sell 1000 more tickets than they did last Thursday?

Well last week it was a league game and they had every confidence in Saints the following day.

Whereas this game was semi final football. No one told Warrington.

Next week's eliminator is also on Thursday so we must await the result of that gate.  Playing the playoffs on a Thursday has to be an insult from SKY.

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

Well last week it was a league game and they had every confidence in Saints the following day.

Next week's eliminator is also on Thursday so we must await the result of that gate.  Playing the playoffs on a Thursday has to be an insult from SKY.

Yes, I know that, but I'm still not buying it.

With a long season (too long for player welfare imo) in what is a very physical sport, at seasons end some teams can be spent. The game was close but of poor quality. I do feel for RL, less is more. 

Maybe the CC final is too close to the finals and the Wolves players peaked for that. Steve Price said some players were needled up for the fixture which would mean that they were carrying niggling injuries. I don’t know if Cas were in the same boat. Either way it’s about generating more money so the long season arrangement will continue. 

Well done Cas but on that performance they may be their Everest.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

7 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Fans (understandable) and chairman complain about sky but the don't complain about taking sky's money! 

well that's 65 years now and counting for Wire . definitely in Holy Grail country now and I'm not mentioning the present soundbite . I do get on well with most Wire fans so as a Leeds fan believe me the feeling you get when you do win the big one is unbelievable . I am as a neutral really looking forward to the play offs and interested how Saints perform when they come into it . Well played Cas by the way

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

42 minutes ago, hullste said:

Not surprising given there was only around that many Wire fans at Wembley also. 

Saving their money for Old Trafford? ?

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Archived