The Grand Final band is...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DC77 said:

They weren’t second division either (I’d have a much better band Cast in there). Now that I’ve mentioned them, Cast would have been a decent choice. “Walkaway” being used as England exited Euro ‘96 is a stand out moment from the Britpop era.

I think you are onto something. "Walkaway" would have been perfect for Celtic Rooster and all those other fans who have packed it in down the years.

I have been to a few Grand Finals and am usually too nervous about the rugby to care much about the music. But last year, when Blossoms (a band I like) were on, the sound quality was so bad you could hardly recognise the song.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I think you are onto something. "Walkaway" would have been perfect for Celtic Rooster and all those other fans who have packed it in down the years.

I have been to a few Grand Finals and am usually too nervous about the rugby to care much about the music. But last year, when Blossoms (a band I like) were on, the sound quality was so bad you could hardly recognise the song.

Walkaway would’ve more suitable if Wigan were playing.

I thought Shed Seven were pretty good and Chasing Rainbows was quite relevant to Salford’s year but I agree the sound quality is poor and they’d be better in the middle of the pitch

On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 00:35, Liverpool Rover said:

The crowd would either have never heard of them or it would have been 20 years since they last had any relevance to them so no wonder they didn't really grab the crowds attention. I appreciate that Super League doesn't have much money to throw around so can't afford a really big name but surely there would have been someone more modern out there who could have been available who the crowd would appreciate more.

Hopefully they will take a different approach with regards to next years musical act instead of a band who hasn't released anything since the 90's, unless it is Sultans Of Ping because having the Old Trafford crowd bouncing to Where's Me Jumper? would get the whole stadium buzzing before the teams come out.

I like your manifesto, put it to the test though.

Niall O'Flaherty is now a lecturer in the history of European political thought at Kings College London.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

More important, how good was the laundry exhibition of sheet folding and unfolding in the middle of the pitch? Were you all surprised when the big reveal was each club's logo on their colours?

Get's me every time.

Archived