Favourite Other Team

Eddie

I assume the vast majority of posters are fans of one team, but do any of you have a second team who you look out for or even go and watch, and if so why?

I’m a Saints fan but Widnes are my second team as they were the closest team to where I grew up (about 2 miles nearer than St Helens). That said in the unlikely event of us playing them any time soon I’ll be Saints all the way. 

Any team playing Hull KR.

Next?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Toulouse Olympique for me.

I fell in love with French Rugby League in 1989 when I played in the curtain raiser to the France Great Britain test in Avignon.  We got battered in the match but everything about the trip was unbelievable and as a young lad from Wigan the idea that the French loved the same game was wonderful and seeing all of the bars dedicated to Rugby League was so exotic.

Over the next 20 years I want to spend as much of my time in that part of the world as possible and I really want it to live up to its potential as a Rugby League powerhouse and the more success for their teams the better for me.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Cas are my 1st team, York my 2nd but I moved over here and have been to most York home and away games since 2016.

On the other hand I hardly get chance to get to across to see Cas now.

Otherwise have a soft spot for Coventry and North Wales. And after my 2 visits up there this season I have a lot of time for Barrow. 

Salford.  A few Wigan players I liked went there when I first watched the sport - Gregory, Panapa, Offiah so developed a soft spot for them.  Weirdly I kind of admired them for ending Wigan’s challenge cup run.  But obviously I hope Wigan batter them Friday...

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Cas are my 1st team, York my 2nd but I moved over here and have been to most York home and away games since 2016.

On the other hand I hardly get chance to get to across to see Cas now.

Otherwise have a soft spot for Coventry and North Wales. And after my 2 visits up there this season I have a lot of time for Barrow. 

Who would you support if York go up and they play Cas next season?

Archived