Championship and League 1 awards nominations

As per title, these were announced today.
https://www.totalrl.com/toronto-and-whitehaven-dominate-championship-league-1-awards-night-nominations/

Looking at the Championship...Ackers, O'Brien and Wilkin
It's hard to really say too much about players because few of us will have seen each team more than two or three times. All 3 nominees are Toronto players, from what I have seen Ackers and O'Brien don't surprise me as nominations, not so sure about Wilkin.

Coach nominations...McDermott, Ford and Aston. Think Ryan Carr is a bit unlucky not to be included but I suppose only losing 1 league game all year meant McDermott was always likely to be in there and winning the 1895 Cup presumably counted for plenty for Aston. It's all irrelevant anyway as surely Ford walks away with this award, he's clearly the Championship coach of the year I'd say.

Young player...Joe Cator, Matty Ashton and Keanan Brand, again this looks a foregone conclusion to me as Ashton has been head and shoulders the standout young player in the league, I thought he might even get nominated for overall Championship player of the year.

When you play for a club that has  much more money than the others and can afford such good-quality squads, it is easier for a given player to "look good" on the field.

I certainly don't crab any particular one of the Toronto players in Championship nominations. However,  Dane Chisholm galvanised Featherstone when he went there and Jonathan Ford of Toulouse is on a higher plane than any other playmaker in the competition. One of them should have got a nomination.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Archived