Match Thread: York v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 21st September 2019

marklaspalmas

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

You haven't read/understood the post have you? Iit makes f a coach doesn't feel his 4th interchange is of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges, sense not to use him at all, and rotate the other three, rather than use up two of his eight interchanges bringing a guy on for 15 minutes and then taking him off again. That's why Maskill, and even Jones, have found themselves sitting on the bench for some or all of the game.

So if the coach knows he is only likely to use three of his four subs except in case of injury, it might make more sense to to use Render, who can cover 1-5 without disrupting the rest of the team, than Maskill, who might not get on unless Jones gets injured, or Beckett, who probably won't get on at all unless there is a number of injuries.

no i do understand but i think  it's a bit silly

if the   coach doesn't feel his 4th interchange is of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges,then he shouldn't be on the bench in case of injury which can be covered by players in the squad the coach  feels  is of the same quality as his otherstarters/interchanges

for me all 4 subs should be of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges,

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, POR said:

no i do understand but i think  it's a bit silly

if the   coach doesn't feel his 4th interchange is of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges,then he shouldn't be on the bench in case of injury which can be covered by players in the squad the coach  feels  is of the same quality as his otherstarters/interchanges

for me all 4 subs should be of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges,

Yes but that's the point - if Bussey is still injured (and presumably Wheeldon too) we don't have anyone left in the squad who the coach would probably regard as being of the same quality as his other starters/interchanges. The choice is between Render and one of the guys who have played regularly for the reserves, be it Maskill, Beckett or whoever. There's a good chance none of them would get on barring injury.

Day seemed in really good spirits in his interview, im going to be optimistic and take that as a sign that his injurys nothing to worry about.

Another fantastic performance, another great game to watch and once again, i cant wait for next weeks game.

Congratulations.

Just copied my post from the York forum:

Too many memorable York wins this season have had the gloss taken off them by bitter comments from opposition fans and managers so now the boot is on the other foot I’d just like to say well done Featherstone, probably the best performance by an away team at Bootham Crescent this season and that includes the visits of Toulouse and Toronto. No complaints here, thoroughly deserved.

Enjoy the win and I hope you ruffle a few feathers and can gain promotion into SL.

When I said we would beat York comfortably ,it was a bold statement from me but I genuinely believed we would as it has been.I believe the momentum is with us and believe we can scrape past Toulouse next week. I just think it will end up as in 98 at the John Smith Stadium but what a season eh

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Too many memorable York wins this season have had the gloss taken off them by bitter comments from opposition fans and managers so now the boot is on the other foot I’d just like to say well done Featherstone, probably the best performance by an away team at Bootham Crescent this season and that includes the visits of Toulouse and Toronto. No complaints here, thoroughly deserved.

Enjoy the win and I hope you ruffle a few feathers and can gain promotion into SL.

Cheers ?

Congratulations on a fantastic season

btw Tim Spears - class act applauding all the Fev fans - top bloke  

7 minutes ago, Fevrob said:

Cheers ?

Congratulations on a fantastic season

btw Tim Spears - class act applauding all the Fev fans - top bloke  

I didn’t have a great view from where I was but it also looked like James Ford shook the hand of every Fev player (which he usually does) and applauded you lot as well. Very easy when you’ve not been at the races to just storm down the tunnel, send your assistant to do the interview etc. There’s lots not right with RL at the moment but it’s good to see some positive stuff too.

Well said. Well done to Rovers and York this season. 

Just now, AB Knight said:

I didn’t have a great view from where I was but it also looked like James Ford shook the hand of every Fev player (which he usually does) and applauded you lot as well. Very easy when you’ve not been at the races to just storm down the tunnel, send your assistant to do the interview etc. There’s lots not right with RL at the moment but it’s good to see some positive stuff too.

James Ford is a top guy and Coach. 

Fordy is well known and respected round Fev, coach of the year by a country mile or it stinks! 

Credit where credit is due

York were awful ?

Toulouse should hold no fear for you

Pressure will be all on them

We're in negotiations with Leeds Rhino's 

If you get promoted to super league all your Leeds loanees will come to us next season ?

Archived