• Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coolie said:

Credit where credit is due

York were awful ?

Toulouse should hold no fear for you

Pressure will be all on them

We're in negotiations with Leeds Rhino's 

If you get promoted to super league all your Leeds loanees will come to us next season ?

Only thing is Coolie. If the unthinkable does happen and we do go up then we could be signing those Leeds young uns on so there'll  be none for you to have??????

7 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Only thing is Coolie. If the unthinkable does happen and we do go up then we could be signing those Leeds young uns on so there'll  be none for you to have??????

Thing is,if you do get promoted(and I hope you do)how many SL quality players will be available for you to sign.

Also could we have Day and Harrison back.Or would you class them as SL quality.

7 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Thing is,if you do get promoted(and I hope you do)how many SL quality players will be available for you to sign.

I think they would deserve a crack at SL. 

7 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Super League clubs tie too much talent down and it beggars belief what would have happened to young talent that of Sutcliffe Golding McLelland without DR. Everyone hates DR as we know but at least these players are allowed to showcase their talent elsewhere. And NO you cant have Day and Harrison back they have been a revelation and Fev fans love em. Thanks for letting us have them?

Thought Locky,Mclelland,Golding .and Hardcastle were the top performers although all the team put in a massive effort.Our kicking game has improved no end with Chissy and Mclelland.Thought York slowed the ruck down to stop a quick play the ball better than Leigh did last week.So we move on to next week to keep the dream alive.York can be proud of their efforts this season they have been a credit to the Championship and have done far better than anyone could have hoped for.

2 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Thought Locky,Mclelland,Golding .and Hardcastle were the top performers although all the team put in a massive effort.Our kicking game has improved no end with Chissy and Mclelland.Thought York slowed the ruck down to stop a quick play the ball better than Leigh did last week.So we move on to next week to keep the dream alive.York can be proud of their efforts this season they have been a credit to the Championship and have done far better than anyone could have hoped for.

An excellent summary and I would have picked out the same four players as standouts in what was as you say another very good team effort. Think Lockwood has been playing the best rugby of his career at the age of (I think) 33 and the fact he can play in the middle yet do huge minutes week after week is of massive importance to the team.

11 hours ago, haskey said:

That's a bit premature Coolie. lets just revel in todays outstanding achievement and see what happens next week.

I thought you'd peaked last week vs Leigh. 

Tonight's game weighs in Toronto's favour and can pick who they want to play in the final, Toulouse could end up with 2 trips to Toronto in 2 weeks

That's harsh

5 minutes ago, coolie said:

I thought you'd peaked last week vs Leigh. 

Tonight's game weighs in Toronto's favour and can pick who they want to play in the final, Toronto could end up with 2 trips to Toronto in 2 weeks

That's harsh

toronto have to go to toronto all the time?

Well done Fev, totally deserved that win yesterday. You are the best side I’ve seen this year, you’ve done a professional job on us three times and once again yesterday I thought you were excellent in defence and attack. We ran out of steam yesterday and it was a game too far for our small numbered squad. 

As someone who watched Fev for the year in 2002 after York went under after 11 games I’ve a soft spot for your club and still have. I spent that season following Fev home and away and missed just the three games.

I needed an RL fix and a club to follow while York ceased to exist and since I’m not the biggest SL fan and don’t like the fact everything revolves round it I couldn’t follow anyone within its ranks. So where is the heartbeat of RL I thought?  Where is the cut and thrust, passion, tradition and the commitment and loyalty of fans in the leagues outside of SL? Fev obviously. I spent many a happy Sunday watching Paul Newlove, Jamie Rooney, Chappy and not to mention a few players that came over to us in Chris Spurr, Paul (chubba) Darley, Danny Seal and Neil Lowe. The best game of RL I’ve ever seen was that season. Fev 46 HKR 40! What a game. 

If there’s one side I’d love to see in SL it’s you lot, you’re a top club, with top fans that run blue and white through the veins. It’s a big ask to turn Toronto over on their own patch but I fancy you against Toulouse. One thing for certain, miracles do happen, look at the Knight, we were cannon fodder this season, nearly everyone had written us off but we have a chairman that’s changed the club around, a coach who is the best young coach in the game and seems to get the best out of players that have something to prove while having an eye for unearthing a gem of a players that others wouldn’t look at. We’ve had the most incredible season, the best in the 40 odd years I’ve watched York. We’ve believed we can beat anyone and that the side will run and be 100% committed to each other and wear the shirt with pride. There’s a great bond between the club, chairman, coach, players and us fans. I get the same feeling about Fev, you are good enough to turn both Toronto and Toulouse over. Fans and players together can make a massive difference. I’ll be cheering you on. Good luck for the rest of the play offs. You’re a club with a heartbeat that stil, values it's past while still moving forward. 

Be together and believe, with that anything can happen. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

I was glad we won. And I thought York performed creditably first half.  But once we got a couple of scores in front they appeared to turn it in.  TBH the game against Leigh last week is one of the best games I've seen in any league in recent years and will take some beating!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

York have punched way way above their weight this year. The club should be proud of what it has achieved. 

Yesterday looked like the end of a long hard season for york, whereas fev looked to be hitting their straps.....

Hopefully we will have two more games to play.

Anyone got any news on the injured at this early stage?

A great day out yesterday for my first visit to Bootham Crescent. York fans did their club proud, pure class all day and magnanimous in defeat applauding our fans dancing in the streets after the game. Congratulations to all at the club on a fantastic season, you've been a breath of fresh air in the Championship and how great as it been to see a club whose best days are clearly ahead of them? 

But what about Fev? Absolutely buzzing atmosphere in the tightly-packed away corner. Pure passion from every one of the players on the pitch and another big team performance. To think how far we've come from the close season when we were training with fewer than 10 players is miraculous. 

Credit must start with Mark Campbell and Davide Longo for taking a punt on a young unknown coach from the other side of the world when the easy option would've been to pick an established Championship coach. Ryan Carr has transformed the club and built a team which has got the fans dreaming of Super League.

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, we have to view this season as being a huge success after murmurs of a relegation fight were predicted by some at the start of the year. We already know we're losing a couple of players to Salford - you can never begrudge a player who has put his body on the line a chance to test himself at SL level - but I hope we can keep the backbone of the squad together next year and build on it, whichever league we end up in.

Toronto are still very much favourites for promotion but after our last two performances neither them nor Toulouse will relish our visit. 

Rovers having a barny!

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

York have punched way way above their weight this year. The club should be proud of what it has achieved. 

Yesterday looked like the end of a long hard season for york, whereas fev looked to be hitting their straps.....

Hopefully we will have two more games to play.

Anyone got any news on the injured at this early stage?

Brad day scan tomorrow

I think Bussey will replace him against Toulouse.What a cracking weekend I’ve had.First of all Fev won.Secondly my mate rang me up to say I’ve won the works lottery £640,Thirdly I backed the winner of the Ayr Gold Cup £5 e/w at 28/1 and fourthly caught some stunning Pike.Hope its cracking this weekend .

I usually drive to games both home and away so rarely have a chance to have a beer.  Yesterday though I got the train through to York with a few mates and planned to have a bit of a sesh.  What a shame then that there was effectively no way way of having a drink of any kind in the ground.  (Also I was that hungry I would happily have eaten a horse burger but as far as I could see there was nothing on sale).  Just thought it was worth pointing out that York missed a trick yesterday.........

That aside.......  I agree with all the other sentiments already expressed about York.  What a season they have had.  What a great team spirit.  What a great set of supporters.  Given the disappointment after yesterday's result I have been blown away by the number of York fans congratulating us on this forum. Definitely now my 2nd favourite team and I wish them all the best for next year.

50 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I usually drive to games both home and away so rarely have a chance to have a beer.  Yesterday though I got the train through to York with a few mates and planned to have a bit of a sesh.  What a shame then that there was effectively no way way of having a drink of any kind in the ground.  (Also I was that hungry I would happily have eaten a horse burger but as far as I could see there was nothing on sale).  Just thought it was worth pointing out that York missed a trick yesterday.........

That aside.......  I agree with all the other sentiments already expressed about York.  What a season they have had.  What a great team spirit.  What a great set of supporters.  Given the disappointment after yesterday's result I have been blown away by the number of York fans congratulating us on this forum. Definitely now my 2nd favourite team and I wish them all the best for next year.

The Knights have nothing to do with beer sales or food sales, the soccer club have that, the Knights get no money at all, things will be better when we move to the new stadium.

14 hours ago, Andy Knight said:

Well done Fev, totally deserved that win yesterday. You are the best side I’ve seen this year, you’ve done a professional job on us three times and once again yesterday I thought you were excellent in defence and attack. We ran out of steam yesterday and it was a game too far for our small numbered squad. 

As someone who watched Fev for the year in 2002 after York went under after 11 games I’ve a soft spot for your club and still have. I spent that season following Fev home and away and missed just the three games.

I needed an RL fix and a club to follow while York ceased to exist and since I’m not the biggest SL fan and don’t like the fact everything revolves round it I couldn’t follow anyone within its ranks. So where is the heartbeat of RL I thought?  Where is the cut and thrust, passion, tradition and the commitment and loyalty of fans in the leagues outside of SL? Fev obviously. I spent many a happy Sunday watching Paul Newlove, Jamie Rooney, Chappy and not to mention a few players that came over to us in Chris Spurr, Paul (chubba) Darley, Danny Seal and Neil Lowe. The best game of RL I’ve ever seen was that season. Fev 46 HKR 40! What a game. 

If there’s one side I’d love to see in SL it’s you lot, you’re a top club, with top fans that run blue and white through the veins. It’s a big ask to turn Toronto over on their own patch but I fancy you against Toulouse. One thing for certain, miracles do happen, look at the Knight, we were cannon fodder this season, nearly everyone had written us off but we have a chairman that’s changed the club around, a coach who is the best young coach in the game and seems to get the best out of players that have something to prove while having an eye for unearthing a gem of a players that others wouldn’t look at. We’ve had the most incredible season, the best in the 40 odd years I’ve watched York. We’ve believed we can beat anyone and that the side will run and be 100% committed to each other and wear the shirt with pride. There’s a great bond between the club, chairman, coach, players and us fans. I get the same feeling about Fev, you are good enough to turn both Toronto and Toulouse over. Fans and players together can make a massive difference. I’ll be cheering you on. Good luck for the rest of the play offs. You’re a club with a heartbeat that stil, values it's past while still moving forward. 

Be together and believe, with that anything can happen. 

Thanks for the kind words about Fev. 

PS bizarrely my real name is Andy Knight and when I saw your post I thought I must have had more than I thought last night when celebrating and had posted something without remembering:)

39 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Thanks for the kind words about Fev. 

PS bizarrely my real name is Andy Knight and when I saw your post I thought I must have had more than I thought last night when celebrating and had posted something without remembering:)

Apparently you should never give your name up. Bizarrely though my real name is Ship Mighty.

Anyhow.  We are now 2 games from the promised land - and we have to play both of them overseas.........

I hope you expansionists are feeling happy...........

Archived