Match Thread: York v Featherstone Rovers. Saturday 21st September 2019

marklaspalmas

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/09/2019 at 09:24, coolie said:

I thought you'd peaked last week vs Leigh. 

Tonight's game weighs in Toronto's favour and can pick who they want to play in the final, Toulouse could end up with 2 trips to Toronto in 2 weeks

That's harsh

That's the rules ( but still harsh and stupid). 

18 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Apparently you should never give your name up. Bizarrely though my real name is Ship Mighty.

Anyhow.  We are now 2 games from the promised land - and we have to play both of them overseas.........

I hope you expansionists are feeling happy...........

Im not against expansion. But for me that team with that rich bloke could have set up in the middle of Birmingham and the logistics of it all would have been more realistic. Not been able to play at home for six or seven weeks and players not been able to get visas for certain reasons. Part time players and self employed players having to go to Canada....perhaps twice in a matter of weeks.,..This isnt sitting well with full time Super League clubs already. OK they do get 9000 fans and get coverage internationally but will those fans stay interested if Toronto fail again. The jury is out.

10 hours ago, haskey said:

What a change to have a Super League ref running the game, and not a moan on this thread.. Well done Thaler.

I thought Thaler had a great game.

I wonder if the difference is a higher quality referee, or the fact that their decisions are being broadcast in real time on live TV. Perhaps it's a subconscious thing, with the referees knowing that their reputation is on the line. 

With a game like our home tie against Toulouse, a referee might be thinking that a couple of dodgy decisions won't matter because they'll only be seen on Rovers TV.

Hewer and Thaler done good jobs last couple of week, let the games flow. Lot of championship refs trying to make a name for themselves and the games all about them, whistle happy and it puts pressure on  them, when the crowd start getting on to them, refs are human, and will get a few things wrong, but weve been the wrong end of some very poor decisions this season that have cost us the game. They all need to take note of those 2 performance.

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

I thought Thaler had a great game.

I wonder if the difference is a higher quality referee, or the fact that their decisions are being broadcast in real time on live TV. Perhaps it's a subconscious thing, with the referees knowing that their reputation is on the line. 

With a game like our home tie against Toulouse, a referee might be thinking that a couple of dodgy decisions won't matter because they'll only be seen on Rovers TV.

but dolan is a full time super greed ref so things should matter after us he reffed to v york so sunday could be his hatrick ?

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

I wonder if the difference is a higher quality referee, or the fact that their decisions are being broadcast in real time on live TV.

I wonder if the difference is that you won?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, fev4evatiggerneva said:

Hewer and Thaler done good jobs last couple of week, let the games flow. Lot of championship refs trying to make a name for themselves and the games all about them, whistle happy and it puts pressure on  them, when the crowd start getting on to them, refs are human, and will get a few things wrong, but weve been the wrong end of some very poor decisions this season that have cost us the game. They all need to take note of those 2 performance.

Yes and the sad thing about those two glaring mistakes by Dolans inept display is that he single handedly changed the league positions of four clubs. He robbed York of second place that gave Toulouse a massive advantage and Fev were robbed of a home tie. Had Bradford been able to gain advantage from that then there would have been major repercussions.They say these things even themselves out over a season but to happen in a crucial last league game was massive.Then we had the news that Dolan was sent to ref Toulouse again instead of being stood down.Anyhow he might have just written another page of Rovers great backs to the wall history of giant killing. We can dream???

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

It's possible that my unconscious bias does affect my opinion of a referee. As a fan of the losing team, how did you view the official's performance on Saturday?

He did a good job, most of them do in my opinion. We've had a good few seasons so the officials have tended to go largely ignored - which is how it should be. 

I love a good shout at the officials during games as it's all part of the atmosphere but I can't see the point anymore in moaning about them after the game has gone. There's enough to moan about in life without one of your leisure activities been a constant source of negativity.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, Simon Hall said:

He did a good job, most of them do in my opinion. We've had a good few seasons so the officials have tended to go largely ignored - which is how it should be. 

I love a good shout at the officials during games as it's all part of the atmosphere but I can't see the point anymore in moaning about them after the game has gone. There's enough to moan about in life without one of your leisure activities been a constant source of negativity.

IMHO a referee has had a decent game if I haven't noticed him much.

When we lost at home against Dewsbury and Barrow the talking points afterwards were about our own poor performance. When we lost against Toulouse at home the only point of discussion seemed to be about the referee's poor decisions. That's the difference for me. 

Archived